the last fine day

It was indeed a normal Sunday morning. Quiet, cool; perfect for rolling lazily in bed. It's actually very weird to have that in Seoul. Normally, I would always wake up to Ahjumahas screaming to each other or to find some drunken man lying beside my car. But today...none.

Well, if that's considered normal then today is certainly not normal. It's too calm, that's for sure.

Anyway, since it's Sunday morning, I'm off to the only place that I cherish in this corrupted city. It was actually a shelter, animal shelter to be exact. People always question me whenever

I go there to volunteer because knowing the real me, it's a bit of an irony. I was never known for being kind or warm so I wouldn't blame them for thinking that. if you ask me, I'm quite not sure myself.

'Why I love animals? Why would I volunteer? Why am I wasting my precious time?'

I asked myself again and again.

Kring! kring!

The bell rang when I opened the glass door, signaling the owner of my arrival. Soon, a tall man with a stoic face came out. He's the owner of this shelter. In his hands, a cat, dressed in a baby pink shirt was cuddling itself to him.

In my most honest opinion, this is the biggest irony. If random people were to meet him on the street, no one would have ever guessed that this man loves animals and pink.

Most would've settle with him being an underground rapper or something because he certainly looked like one.

Maybe life is full of irony.

"Hey! What took you so long! I almost died taking care of all these babies" he said, finally smiling, showing his dimples. When he smile, he actually does look like someone who would take care of animals but the next problem would be his clumsiness.

He would break everything that he touches that it amazed me how the animals in this shop survived in his hands.

"Oops! Oh man, that's the third glass!"

You heard him. And it's barely 10 a.m.

"Jin-ie..come here to eomma" I stretched my hands and the fluffy white animal jumped into my hands. It's body temperature to my chest warms my heart.

I think this is why I love animals compared to humans. This is why I would drive one hour during my precious weekend to this shop.

This is also why despite my busy schedule as a doctor, I would still make time to drop by to give them new toys or food.

I went to the counter and ordered a cup of iced caramel macchiato. Oh, besides acting as an animal shelter, this place also serves coffee and it's surprisingly delicious.

Most people frequent the shop for its amazing coffee. Kudos to the barista, I supposed and this is how Namjoon get his income to buy food for the animals, and himself.

"Here's your coffee, miss" The barista pushed the steaming coffee into the black tray in front of me.

"What's with the formalities, Suga? I almost barf" I replied jokingly at the handsome man in front of me. Suga, aside from Namjoon is the owner of this shop but of course, he's in charge of the café section aka the barista aka the earner.

He also loves animals but he doesn't like to take care of them, saying it's a hassle and that he would rather sleep but I know that it's actually because he enjoys coffee more.

"Hehe...hey! You're a bit late today...did some ahjumma scold you for not separating the trash properly again?" He said and gave me his signature gummy smile that has swoon so many hearts.