o. the fake date

"DO YOU GUYS want anything else, or do you just want the cheque?" A waiter strolled up to the table at Pop's that consisted of the three best friends, two gingers and a raven haired girl to be exact

The Blossom Twins had invited their, long term, best friend to a 'pre-fourth of july date (for friends)' because they wanted to show their love for her, by buying her many milkshakes and burgers.

"I think we'll have two more strawberry milkshakes and," the ginger haired boy eyed his best friend, who twirling the end of her silky, ebony hair, "a chocolate milkshake with a side of fried and onion rings, please."

     "Coming right up." The waiter smiled at them before walking away to the counter.

Brynn looked, skeptically, between the Blossom Twins — Cheryl was on her left and Jason was opposite them. Both of them just responded with grins plastered on their face.

"Okay, I haven't yet asked this. Why did you guys invite me to a pre-fourth of july date 'for friends'," Brynn paused trying to look for an answer between the two, "you've never done anything like this for me before, why now?"

Cheryl let out a soft giggle before replying, "We just wanted to show you how much we love you as our best friend — you know, actions speak louder than words."

"So why on the day before the Fourth of July and not on the Fourth of July?" Brynn questioned as the waiter came and gave them all their milkshakes.

     They all began to speak at once and it came out as a mess of 'thank you', 'they look great' and 'these milkshakes will be the death of me.'

     "Your onion rings and fries are on their way." A smile emerged on Brynn's face thinking about the delicious onion rings they serve here.

     They were the type of onion rings that you'll walk through the pouring rain to get, the type that if you were ever having a bad day, you could eat some of those onion rings and it would feel like you just got a one way ticket to heaven — they were those type of onion rings.

     Jason began to drink about half of his milkshake in the space of 10 seconds until he began to start talking, "Cheryl and I are busy tomorrow, we've told you many times."

     "Oh great, I'm being ditched by everyone on the Fourth of July." Brynn sulked, beginning to drink some of her milkshake. "My parents are going out for their anniversary, my best friends are going on a fucking boat ride. And my birthday is next month."