Chapter 1

CARTIER'S POV:

What was it that brought us together, to be united in this "perfect" love?"

It must have been luck that brought us together. Because while I'd liked him, he'd liked one of my friends. But I knew from the moment I laid eyes on him that he was literally perfection in human form. Sorta. From then on, I was sometimes needy and close, but then suddenly cold and fearful. Noah tried his best to hide his pain, but it was plain in his depths. That was how it was to this very day.

Yea. I often reflected upon that day with fondness. It was the day that had changed my life, after all.

I, a sorrowful girl rapidly approaching late teenage years, stood alone on the beach, gazing over the bright blue water with my aching dark windows to my soul closed tight. My charcoal hair danced lighty in the ocean breeze, tickling against one cheek as I tried to deny the emotions in my heart, resting my cheek against one hand as I pushed my headband further away from my forehead. I wore a snow-white bikini top, my back covered only by a thin bit of string, and lace shorts that were comfortable and easy to wear. My hair brushed against my sholders, complementing my darkened from the sun face. For a moment, I absorbed myself in my thoughts. Of me and Noah.