Chapter 6 ~Injured~

Javi POV

I was talking with David and Tripp when I heard a toddler crying. I turned and saw Clem and Gabe walk over. Clem was holding a toddler; she finally looked truly happy. "Who's this?", I asked while smiling at the toddler. "This is AJ, the kid I've been talking about", Clem said. "What the hell?, where did you find him", David asked. "In the nursery", Gabe replied." You guys wanna go see Kate?", I asked. They nodded and we walked into the hospital.

Gabe's POV

We walked into the hospital and down the hall to Kate's room. We walked in and Kate smiled and sat up," Who's this little guy?", Kate asked smiling. "The kid Clem's been talking about", I replied. "Oh, so this is AJ?", Kate asked. Clem nodded. "Can I hold him?", Kate asked with a shy smile. "Yea sure", Clem replied handing AJ over to Kate. Kate began playing with AJ.

1 Hour Later

Clem's POV

*Gunshots* I gasped as gunshots went off at the front gate. "Dammit! Not even here for one fucking day and we're already getting attacked!", I said. AJ started crying. I hugged him and hummed a song; he stopped crying. Tripp and Eleanor rushed in. I took out my gun and gave AJ to Eleanor. "Keep him safe, please", I said. She nodded and held AJ close to her. I tossed Gabe a gun exactly like mine; he caught it and reloaded it. "No! Gabe, your not going out there!", Kate whisper shouted. "Yes I am", he said as he nodded at me and I nodded back. We crouched and snuck out of the room and over to a truck. I found Javi and David, " What the fuck is going on?", Gabe asked. Javi explained that a bandit group attacked and were shooting; we agreed to help defend. We crouched behind another truck a few feet ahead. "3...2...1, Go!", I yelled as we all stood up and started shooting. *shot* 1 *shot* 2 *shot* 3 *shot* 4. I shot four of those motherfuckers before ducking back down. Everyone copied. "Now what?", Javi asked. "We keep defending", I said as I reloaded my gun and stood up and started shooting again. Everyone followed. I shot 5 more before--"Ah shit!", I exclaimed as I held my right hip above the bone. "Clem!", Gabe yelled. He crouched beside me and put pressure on my hip. I groaned in pain. Tripp looked down. "Javi....Clem is shot....", Tripp said. Javi looked down and saw me," Tripp and Gabe, take her back to the hospital", Javi said. After that I blacked out.

2 Hours Later....

I woke up on a surgical bed. I also felt cold. I sat up and looked around. We were not at Richmond anymore. It looked like a....warehouse? I heard groaning beside me; I looked over and saw Gabe. I smiled and messed up his hair. He grumbled and looked up; he blushed a little. He smiled though and hugged me and I hugged back. He kissed me and I also kissed back. "I..I thought you were....", his voice trailed off. "Well, I'm not", I said as I shivered, " Why is it so damn cold?", I asked. He chuckled, " Because, your in a sports bra, Clem", he blushed but smiled. "What!? Why!?", I asked. "Because, they had to clean the wound, get the bullet out, stitch you then wrap the wound",he said. Everyone came rushing in and smiled. "Cl-Clem!!", I heard AJ. "Come here, Goofball", I said as I held out my arms and hugged him; he hugged back. "We thought you were gone", Javi said; relief in his voice. "Well I'm not", I said while smiling. I love these people too much to give up; escpecially Gabe....