Chapter 16 ~Never~

Clem's POV

I woke up with arms wrapped around me. I yawned and smiled. Gabe must have noticed cause he opened his eyes and smiled at me. "Good Morning", he said with a smile. "Morning", I replied. I gave him a peck on the lips before getting up and grabbing my shoes and flannel. I felt arms wrap around my waist. "A little peck is all I get?", Gabe said with a fake pout. I smirked and turned around. I smiled and pressed my lips into his. He kissed back. It lasted for about 30 seconds before we pulled away. "Much better", he said with a smirk. He grabbed his shoes and his beanie.

Gabe's POV

I walked out hand-and-hand with Clem. We saw Javi. "You two are so cute", he said with a smirk. I playfully rolled my eyes, "I know", I replied with a smirk. Just then everyone else came in. "Sweet Pea!", Lee exclaimed as he hugged Clem. "Darlin", Kenny said as he hugged her too. "Clem", Luke said as he also hugged her. There was crying from upstairs. I walked upstairs and held AJ, "Gabe!", he screeched as he hugged me. "Hey Goofball", I replied. I walked downstairs with AJ. *Gunshot*
"What the bloody hell!?", Clem whisper shouted as we all ducked down. "We're back!", A man yelled. My dad. Dammit! "It's David", Javi whispered. "I know", Clem replied. She got out her gun and loaded it. AJ started crying. "Shh....its okay little guy", I said as I rubbed his back. He calmed down and I handed him to Kate.

Clem's POV

Me, Gabe, Javi, Tripp, Lee, Kenny, Luke and Eleanor all walked out with our guns raised. "Haha...look at this", David said mockingly. "Look who's back....", David walked up to me with a mocking grin. "Didnt you learn your lesson last time we met?", he said. "Do I ever learn anything important from a low-life?", I snapped at him. He chuckled. He then raised his hand and punched me. My gun flew out of my hand and the way I landed made my knife in my boot slice my calf. I yelped as I hit the ground. "What the hell Dad!?", I heard Gabe yell. My vision was a little blurry and my hearing wasnt clear. "She deserved it!", David yelled as he punched me again. I groaned and held my calf.

Gabe's POV

I raised my gun at my dad and he slowly stepped back. "Calm down Gabe, she's just a girl....", my dad said. "SHE'S NOT JUST A GIRL!! SHE'S EVERYTHING TO ME!! SHE MAKES ME WHO I AM!!! AND NOBODY IS TAKING HER FROM ME!! I LOVE HER AND I WILL PROTECT HER WITH MY LIFE!! YOU'LL HAVE TO SHOOT ME BEFORE YOU EVER TOUCH HER AGAIN!!!", I yelled at my dad. He stood there shocked and so did everyone else. "Im not going to shoot you Gabe! And if she makes you who you are, then you'll turn out like a monster just like her!", he yelled back. "She's not a monster and you will NEVER touch her again", I said as I lifted my gun, closed my eyes and shot my dad in the forehead. Gunshots started firing. I looked down to try and find Clem but I didnt see her.

Clem's POV

I got up after Gabe yelled at David and grabbed my gun. Bullets started firing. I looked and saw David lying on the floor; dead. I ran and hid behind a bush. "Where's Clem!?", I heard Gabe scream. "I'm f-fine", I said back but my voice was low and raspy. I started firing at the New Frontier.

Time Skip

Clem's POV

I got out from behind the bush. I almost fell but I felt arms around me. I saw Gabe with and arm around my waist. He picked me up bridal style and carried me inside. I had a bloody nose, busted lip, a few bruises, and my right calf was sliced; it wasnt a deep cut but it still stung. I got cleaned up and Javi and Tripp got rid of the corpses and I comforted AJ.

Later That Night....

Gabe's POV

I snuggled next to Clem in bed and she nuzzled her face into my neck. "Goodnight Clem", "Goodnight Gabe", she replied before drifting off to sleep; and I did too.