12. Aria

I had just finished getting ready when Mark texted me saying he was outside. I checked my face over in the mirror and then made my way out the door. I had on a simple white v-neck and some cut up jeans with my hair in a ponytail under the hat I wore. I got in Mark's car seeing he was looking extra dapper, and smelling real nice meanwhile I was chill as hell.

I smiled as I connected eyes with him, "hey!"

He looked me up and down and smiled as he spoke, "how are you?" he asked as he began putting the address into his GPS.

"I'm good, " I started, "I feel like I'm under dressed though." I was solely basing this off of how he was dressed.

He laughed, "nah, you good! It's real chill." I just gave him a small smile as he found a song on his phone and it started playing through his car. We had slight conversation as we headed there.

Once we got to the open mic it was actually pretty packed, there were some amazing performances. I was definitely down to come every month when they had it.

"How did you like it?" Mark asked as the last person walked off of the stage and the host came up talking.

I looked at him with a smile, beaming, "I loved it! I definitely want to come when they have this again."

He smiled, "shit, let's do it then." We started walking towards the exit, "you want to go get a drink?" I looked down at my phone, seeing that the night was still young. Landon came to my mind for a moment, we hadn't talked since he left my house this morning with an attitude about me going to this open mic with Mark.

I looked back up at Mark, "shit, let's do it!" I said mocking him, he laughed, and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

He checked his phone, which was filled with messages. "I got the perfect spot" he said as we made it to his car.

We pulled up to this hookah spot, it was pretty popular in the area, I hardly ever went because I wasn't a big hookah fan, but they served drinks too.

"You like hookah?" I asked as he pulled into a park.

He shrugged, "it's iight, I usually just come here for the drinks while the boys smoke hookah." I nodded my head, we got out the car as I saw Kennedy walking in with Mink. I yelled for her and she turned around and started walking my way.

"Hey girl!" she said with a big smile on her face, "I can never get you to come here with me, but Mark can?" she asked with her eyes shifting to Mark, then back to me.

I laughed, "I didn't know we were coming here, relax."

Mark just stood there smiling, Mink eyeing him up and down. Mark was a cute guy, brown skin with short curly hair, and a pretty smile. And he was a gentleman, from what I could see.

I smirked at Mink, she caught my eye, looking embarrassed. I smiled at her, "it's all good," I mouthed trying to tell her with my eyes she could go for it.

Mink was a chocolate girl with a body to die for, she had her hair in a bob cut, as she stood there in some jeans and a spaghetti strapped top, looking cute. She laughed lowly and shook her head no and just turned around as we all started walking towards the entrance.

It was packed once we made it in, they were playing good music and people were actually up dancing a little bit. I'd been here one time and it was wack, which is why I refused to come back with Kennedy no matter how many times she told me how much it improved and that the crowd was way better now. She wasn't lying though. We made our way to the bar to get some drinks, Mark asked me what I wanted as he started trying to get the bartender's attention, Kennedy took this as a prime time to pull me to the side and question me.