Chapter 11

"oh hello! You're awake!" A woman in scrubs, evidently a nurse, exclaims. I look around the room I'm in, taking in all of it. "What happened?" I ask her, my voice scratchy and dry. She quickly hands me a glass of water from a nightstand to my left and hands it to me and I take a long sip. "Well honey, you tried to end your life." She states. Oh yeah, I forgot. I choke on my water and she smacks me on the back, causing me to cough up some. "Oh." I mumble to myself, she places a comforting hand on my shoulder. "We've had to fix a lot of you in your chest area." She tell me, I look down at a large patch of gauze and bandage on my chest. I failed. I can't do anything right. I can't even shoot myself without messing it up. "Damnit!" I whisper, tears slowly fast down my face, onto my arms and hospital gown. The nurse starts rubbing my back, while staring at me with pity. "Now I know that this must be really hard for you, but I'm gonna need you to tell me why you tried to kill yourself." She says gently, I look up at her. "Is that necessary?" I ask her, she nods in response. "Isolation. I couldn't take being by myself anymore and then something just took over." I tell her, immediately she starts jotting my words down on a clipboard attached to my bed. "Okay well, there are people here to see you, very exciting people actually!" She tells me, trying to cheer me up in some way. "Is it a group of superheroes?" I ask her, she nods quickly and excitedly. Great. I can't see them, I'll cry and then they'll maybe cry and I can't take that guilt. "I can't see them. Tell them I'm asleep." I tell her, she raises her eyebrow, looking really confused. "Why wouldn't yo-" "please?" "Fine." She sighs and walks out of the room. I can't let them see me. I can't. I quickly yank the lines and needles out of my wrist and stand up. Shit, I'm really dizzy. I don't think you're supposed to rip out IV lines that quickly. I shake my head and hurry over to the window, footsteps make their way towards the rooms door. Shit shit shit shiT SHIT. I hastily open the window and climb out, thanking God that I'm on the first floor.
I drop to the ground and take off running down the street. Where the hell am I going to go?