Chapter 9 (Last Chapter!!!)

Iceland POV
I walked out of my room. I saw the small Christmas tree and the gift underneath, I presumed it was mine so I opened it. I saw a scarf and a card. I opened the card and read it. My breath got caught up in my throught. Tears started rolling down my face. I scrunched up my face and sobbed silently. A scarf folded neatly under the delicate wrapping paper. A silk hankercheif embroided with the word Iceland fell out as I unraveled the scarf.

Y/N POV
I woke up and walked out into the living room. I saw Christmas wrapping strewn across the floor. I found a note in the middle of it all.
Your kindness has given me eternal gratefulness. It is time for me to leave.
I ran out of the apartment whilst putting my coat on.

I puffed, I ran and ran across streets and into parks. Couples were everywhere. I wondered where Emil went. I realised there was one place he may be.

I ran to the first place me and him met. I saw him standing there and he smiled. He mouthed the words good bye, before walking away.

"No!" I won't let it end like this. I ran up to him and grabbed his scarf. He pulled me into a tight embrace. He slowly leaned towards my face. He stopped an inch away, and he averted his eyes. I grabbed his shoulders and  kissed him lightly on the lips.  He looked shocked, and then quickly leaned back. He turned around, trying to cover up the tear rolling down his cheek. "I-I'll see you again" I felt my legs buckle. The world seemed to spin as I tried to gather my thoughts.I blinked and looked around.

A single snowflake landed on my nose.

Emil was gone.

The hankercheif with Iceland lay on the floor.

AUTHOR NOTE
Book finished! I hope you enjoyed :) book 2 is in the making!