Just Like That

Fourteen year old Alexander Jonathan Rider was now Dmitry Liosha Ivanov. Immediately after being adopted, Yassen Gregorovich now Yegor Ivanov, had begun teaching him Russian.

"Now. Since you are going to be living with me in Russia, you will need to learn how to speak the language. Let's start with..."

Alex was now fluent in Russian and had no problem fitting in with the other children at St. Petersburg Academy in Moscow. His grades were excellent and he always kept his 'A's.

It had been one of his many games that day and knew that his adopted father would fail to show up as always. Yassen worked as an International banker in Moscow and had left early for work that morning, leaving Alex two half-boiled eggs on the counter. There was a note attached to the plate.

Dmitry,
I am sorry that I am unable make it to your game this afternoon. I have some work that I need to attend to and will be back a bit before midnight. Take care.

P.S. Ash will be there to see you to the game instead.

- Yegor

Yassen kept the identity for safety incase someone or something were to intrude their home.

Alex was excited. He and Ash were quite close on the very few occasions when Ash had visited. Ash was like a second father to him and he could barely await his arrival.

His team had played against Bradford Academy and it was two against three with his team on the winning side. Alex made a run for the ball and drove his heel into it, watching as the ball missed the hands of the opposite team's goldkeeper and hit home. The crowd cheered as they celebrated their victory.

Alex eyed the stands and knew that his adopted father would not be here no matter how hard he looked. He had gone out with the team to celebrate their victory over some pizza. Ash had picked him up from the mall after Alex had finished his victory celebration with the rest of his team.

Ash was a military man who could have passed as an Afghanistan. He had a rough beard and slightly tanned skin. And with every step he took, it looked as if he was hurting. Ash hadn't told Alex about the incident on how he had gotten the long scar along his torso.

"Hey, Ash." Alex greeted as he got into the Orange Sedan. It was a colour that Ash had picked out as it was not something that would stay in one's memory for long. Ash smiled at the boy he had considered his very own son. "Dmitry! How have you been?" They had spoken in Russian of course. Ash was quite close to both Yassen and Ash and were the only two who knew about the whole identity thing. "Did you see the game?"

Ash grinned broadly as he turned the ignition key and the engine roared to life. "Yeah. That was a great game. Shame I didn't bring my camera. You are definitely your father's son." Alex tensed upon hearing that and Ash had noticed his idiotic slip up and mentally kicked himself for it. There was an eerie silence as both males froze, the soft purring of the engine sounded in the background.

"Anyway. Let's get you home."