Chapter One

The events that happened at summer camp would change the life of two people. It's a tragic story of young love and loss. It all started with a boy with glasses, with tape on his glasses approaching a bus going to Derry Maine.

Richies mom had dropped him off at the school. That's where the bus to Derry Maine was. He had on one of his haywain shirts with the palm trees on it. Carrying his stuff in one hand and a backpack on his shoulder. He had to check in with a camp leader first. He carried his stuff over to the bus. He didn't recognize anyone. They came from all over the place. Some even from Canada, he had went the year before. Most people where second years but a couple where new. Richie finally found the camp leader and he headed toward him but before he could get to him a mother shoved him to the side. Richie almost tripped over his feet but was able to catch himself. He looked up, the mother looked really concerned. She waved her arms around a lot. Richies eyes traveled to the side of her to the boy. He was on the short side with messy brown hair. He carried a very small bag on his shoulder. He had to be a first year. Then his eyes went back to the mom who gave the camp leader a list kissed the boy on the head and slowly left. Looking over her shoulder like a piano was going to fall out of the sky and kill boy. Then Richie walked over to the camp leader.

"Hello!" Richie said with a bright smile toward the camp leader. The camp leader checked off him from his list tucking away the list that the mother had given to him inside his back pocket.

"I see you're back for round two Richie, let's not have any funny business this year, okay?" He said and raised an eyebrow. Richie nodded and turned to give his stuff to the bus driver so that it would be packed up. The boy had followed him over like he had never been to camp ever.

Then on the bus the boy sat down next to him. Richie didn't understand what this boys problem was. Following him around not saying anything to him. The bus engine started and the bus driver started on the bus safety. Richie leaned forward and pulled the girls hair in front of him.

"Miss Scarlet, I see you've come back for a second year." He said with a laugh. The girl, Beverly Marsh, turned around in her seat. Rolling her eyes over dramatically.

"Richie! I didn't see you sitting there my bad." She replied then looking over at the boy next to me. "Hey, you must be new to this camp. I'm Beverly Marsh, but most people called me Bev." This made the boy look up quickly.

"I'm Eddie." He simply stated and looked back down at his lap. A boy leaned in from the seat behind us.

"Well, it looks like the class clowns back." Stanley said with a laugh. Richie turned and flicked the boy in the face and stuck out his tongue.

"Stanley be nice to Richie, this is probably the first time he's been out of his basement in almost a year." Ben spat out with a laugh. Ben was sitting next to Stanley. Richie held his hands to heart and made a hurt face.

"That almost hurt my feelings Haystack." He said eyeballing Ben. Who was none to happy at the moment. That's when Mike who was sitting across the way from been shouted.

"Don't you guys think we should be listening to the safety demonstration instead of bickering." Richie rolled his eyes and turned to the front crossing his arms.

"Y-yeah I th-hink that w-we should li-isten." Bill said from the seat next to Beverly. Everyone shut up after Bill said that, everyone knew that he was the leader. He was the class president at his school, if of course he wasn't lying about that. Everyone thought that he was though. Even most of his friends from camp thought that he was lying. The boy had the worst stutter that anyone could ever have. Presidents had to talk a lot so we didn't think he was a president. Maybe Vice President but not the president. Once the safety presentation was gone everyone began to talk. Some where even yelling.

"Excuse me." Richie turned his head the boy was talking to him.

"Yes?" Richie asked the boy that he knew was named Eddie know. The boy paused for a second like he had forgotten what he was going to say. Then he nodded his head as though he had remembered.

"I never got your name, what is it?" He asked. Richie recalled that he had never said what his name was.

"I'm Richie, but most people just call me Rich." Richie was with a goofy smile.

"Well Richie, could you tell me what camp is like? I've never been." Was he kidding. Never been to camp? It was like part of a kids life to go to camp everyone summer.

"Sure, what do you want to know?" Richie asked resting his back on the side of the bus. He could feel the engine rumble in his stomach.

"Everything." Eddie said and made a clapping sound with his hands. Richie rolled his eyes. This was going to be a long ride to Derry with this boy riding next to him he thought as the bus pulled out of the school parking lot.