Leaving

It's 6:30 in the morning. A time all too familiar. I have never woken up later than my alarm. To do so would be ghastly. And certainly unbecoming of me. But I was already awake.  

No, just a robot; H.A.R. Yep not god, furthest from it. H.A.R. was designed by my father. It was his brainchild as much as I am his child. Har goes everywhere with me, seeing as he's usually the size of a cell phone and easily fits in my pocket. It's just us two, I think very fondly. He's the only other person in my house and the only parent that was there for me.  Seeing as I've been raised by an A.I. I'm not exactly typical. Har looks down on showing off and things like that, I don't always listen.

"Christopher it's time to get up, your simulation is today." "Oh, yeah I forgot about that," I mumbled, getting out of bed. "Anything else going on today?" "No, sir." "Very well, prep for departure." "Yes, sir." He replied. Standing up I slip the small black box into my back pocket.

My room is rather plain. Not something to gawk at. The embodiment of Spartan. In default, the walls are plain white, slightly shiny. They are made of a polymer-based resin. Of course, there are standards. My personal default is a soothing parakeet green. My health coach seems to think it promotes relaxation. Personally, I just think it looks like a dying plant. Now that I have gotten up, it should start to revert back to the default red. More energetic.

Looking down at my clothing, I realize my clothes have reverted back to grey.  Rolling my eyes, I pull Har back out of my pocket. Predicting my intentions he opens a user interface. The front of the box glosses over. This signals that it now functions as a touch-screen interface. The connection to my clothes is initiated. A three denominational view of me popped up hovering off to the side of Har's module. On the screen showed my vitals.

 Once that was finished I pressed a button on the wall above my bed, a blue light was projected over my bed, the sheets started to slide back into their usual perfection. 

Grabbing my hat off the headboard, I walk into the dining room and sit down at the table. A cube of cereal was placed on the table. I just stare at it, my mind overrun with sadness, it reminded me of my dad. I pick it up and turn it over in my hand, looking it over, and place it back on the table. I stand up and walk towards the balcony, standing at the edge, looking off into the distance. Shedding a single tear, I step off the tallest building in the world, upon hitting the ground, death would be instant and painless.