Chapter Five- Home together

Martha and Alexis arrived at the hospital to pick up Rick and Kate and take them home. "hey Dad, Hi Kate" Alexis said as she walked in their room, where they were all packed up and ready to go.

"hey Pumpkin, how are you?" Castle asked his daughter as he pulled her in for a hug.

"good, but shouldn't I been asking you that, I wasn't the one that got shot and nearly died" Alexis retorted.

"She has a good point" Martha said.

"okay family lets go home" Beckett said as she zipped up her bag that had barely anything in it.

"Great idea" Rick said as he intertwined his fingers with hers and started walking out.

All four of them got out of the hospital and walked towards the car. "It's great to get out of that place. We haven't breathed in the fresh air for a week" Kate said.

"yeah, sure is" Rick said. They climbed into the car, the two red heads in the front and Castle and Beckett in the back. The couple threw their bags in the car and cuddled up to each other with their hands still locked together. Neither of them minded that they weren't the ones in the front and just enjoyed the quiet ride back to the loft.

Martha and Alexis helped Castle and Beckett with their bags up to the loft and said goodbye. The two of them walked through the door and into their bedroom. Without admitting it they didn't want to leave each other's side. Last time they split, they ended up in hospital fighting for their lives. They sat down on the edge of the bed and Castle pulled Beckett into his lap. "wow what a week, huh?" Rick said.

"Shit yeah, what a week, but it's all over now, we can just be together whole heartedly without worrying about lying to protect each other or if we are going to live another day. We can get on with our lives" she responded.

"God, I love you" He said out of the blue, pulling her in for a kiss. After a few minutes, they broke the kiss.

"and I love you" she said

"let's go make some coffee" her said standing her up in front of him and grabbing her hand to pull her towards the kitchen.

The couple were sitting on the couch drinking the coffee that Rick made when the heard a knock on the door. Both of them slightly jumped. They put their coffees down and made their way nervously over to the door together. Rick looked through the peep hole with a hand on his wife the whole time. Standing in the hall way was Espo and Ryan. "It's just the boys" Rick sighed out as he reached down to open the door.

"why are you two opening the door together?" Espo asked without thinking.

"No reason" Beckett answered. "Come in though"

"so how are the two of you doing?" the boys asked

"not bad, any new cases" Rick asked, trying to change the subject.

"uh, yeah, but it's nothing that you need to think about right now" Ryan said carefully.

"But speaking of work, when are coming back Captain?" Espo asked Beckett.

"Hey, hey, calm down there man." Castle butted in. "She and I have just got out of hospital and while we are physically getting better, we just need this time together, please understand that"

"Absolutely" Ryan said for the both of them. Kate reached her hand out and took hold of Rick's.

"I might just take the rest of this month off, then I will look at coming back to work. How is the temporary captain?" Kate asked.

"yeah he's okay" Ryan said

"But he's not you Beckett" Espo interrupted.

"That's nice of you guys to say, but I'm sure that you can survive a little while longer without me"

"Okay we'll catcha round then" Ryan said as he tapped Espo on the shoulder, gesturing that they were leaving.

"Yeah see you guys" the couple said at the same time.

The boys left and Castle and Beckett went back to sit on the couch. "Maybe we should take a break, ya know, get outta here, maybe it would be good for us, we could go to the Hamptons for the rest of the month until I need to go back to work." Beckett said as she passed Castle back his coffee.

"You know what? I think that is a great idea, just the two of us. It will be great" he answered, raising his eyebrow at the last part of the sentence.

"is that right?" she asked in a sexy tone, drawing herself closer to her husband. He closed the gap between them. His lips were on her. The passion in the kiss didn't stop rising. His tongue brush her bottom lip asking her for entrance. She granted it immediately and their tongues were in a battle of dominance. She let him win. The pulled apart only for air before colliding back together. The pace quickened. He took the cup out of her hand and put both on the table before returning back to her and pushing his body into hers. Her fingers were running through his hair and he had his hand on her thigh, lightly rubbing up and down.

"Maybe we should save this for the Hamptons" Rick said as she continued to kiss down his neck.

"you really want to?" she asked him.

"No, but the quicker we get there. The quicker we can continue this" he said. She reluctantly agreed and the both walked into the bedroom to pack for their holiday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's  a wrap on chapter 5, i'm quite surprised i kept this going for more than one chapter

but i will keep going so yeah

xx