Last Young Renegade

When Jack found out, he was in bed nursing a hangover.

His head pounded, his eyes watered, and he was about to get up to go puke again when his phone rang.

Sighing deeply, he picked it up. It was Alex. Of course, he had to answer it.

"What's up, lefty-dick?" he mumbled.

"Jack! We got our lineup!" Alex sounded excited as fuck. He hadn't been that excited since he found out they were touring with Blink-182.

"Lineup?"

"You know, the bands we're touring with this summer," said Alex.

"Who are they?" asked Jack, wanting to get to the point so he could go throw up.

"Some dudes called The Wrecks, Night Riots, SWMRS, and Waterparks."

"Waterparks?" stuttered Jack.

"I know, it's a weird band name," said Alex.

"Alex, I'm gonna call you back," said Jack.

"Um, wh-"

Jack hung up, set his phone down, and raced to the bathroom.

When he was done blowing chunks, he collapsed back on his bed and stared straight up at the ceiling. Waterparks. He knew Waterparks. He knew if Waterparks would be there, his renegade heartache would be there with them.

*****

It happened in November, five years before.

When All Time Low rolled up in Houston, Texas that day, it was chilly with a chance of rain. They got to their signing at some place called Cactus Records, which, thankfully, was indoors, so they didn't have to endure the cold.

The fans were amazing. Nobody was mobbed, nobody pushed anyone in line, and nobody demanded a signature without a pen, or a picture without a camera. There were just as many guys as there were girls, which surprised Jack, as he didn't think his band appealed to guys.

As he was signing a blonde girl's bra (not the one she was wearing), one boy caught his eye.

He was nicely tanned, a bit shorter than Jack, but his light brown hair made up the difference. He had bright blue eyes and sweet little lips and a nice ass. Jack was drawn to him, and not just because of his ass.

Jack finished writing his note on the girl's bra and let her flounce off to Zack. The boy approached him, and he could feel his palms starting to sweat.

"H-hey," said the boy. "You're one of my idols. W-will you sign this?"

He held out a copy of Don't Panic-It's Longer Now! and Jack grinned. "Of course, man."

The boy passed him a Sharpie, and Jack opened the CD's case.

"What's your name, by the way?" asked Jack.

"Um, Geoff," said the boy. "G-E-O-F-F."

"Got it," said Jack, and wrote Luv u, Geoff! on the inside cover of the CD case.

"Th-thanks," stammered Geoff, and turned to go.

"Wait, hold up," blurted Jack, and Geoff looked back, surprised. "C'mere. I wanna sign more of your shit."

"What?" Geoff came back to the table, smiling nervously, and handed Jack the Sharpie again. "O-okay."

Jack bit his lip, pushed up Geoff's sleeve, and signed his forearm. Underneath his signature, he wrote Call me @ 10, then his phone number.