Chapter 2

I walk into school, jumping in excitement. I can already smell him. A wood scent and cologne. Its amazing. I follow the scent all through the school. And after ten minutes, I'm standing outside of the student councils room. I can hear them in a meeting. I'm not sure if I should go in just so I can meet my mate. So I finally decide just to sit outside the room and wait. I have waited seventeen years. I'm sure I can wait a few more minutes. I pull out a book, one of my favourites; Abandon by Meg Cabot. She is also one of my favourite authors. I'm up to the bit where Pierce finds her necklace in the sexton's possession, when the doors to the council room opens. And right there is my mate; Nathaniel. Dear lord, I regret what I'm wearing. I had bought a outfit yesterday just so I can look good for my mate. And I get stupid Nathaniel. He looks me up and down with a savage hunger. Looking at my skin tight long sleeve blue shirt that enhances my small boobs. And black skinny jeans with knee high, brown boots. I had let my wavy, black hair hang loosely down my back, reaching half way down. And all for this jerk. I felt the tears start to well up in my eyes. Nathaniel was just sitting there, starring at me like a lunatic. And I did the only thing I thought I could do at the time. I ran. And I ran like hell. All the way back to the pack house, to my small room. I flung myself on to my bed, crying. Why would the goddess be so cruel.
And for hours, I lay on my bed crying until I heard the click of my lock being unlocked. I sat up quickly, scrambling to hide somewhere in this unbearably small room of mine. And what I was dreading became a reality. Standing there was Nathaniel. And he looked really mad. He slammed my door behind him, making me flinch. He locked it and came storming over to where I had crouched in the corner of my room. He pulled me up roughly and threw me on my king single bed. I landed on my back, Nathaniel on top of me. He started trailing kisses up and down my neck. Making me moan involuntarily. He had also managed to get my shirt up and was feeling my boobs through my black lace bra. And I could feel his length hard against my stomach. Even if he was my mate, I didn't want this. But he kept going. And he went until he was satisfied. And as soon as he was finished I knew he had done this before with other women. And I wasn't going to be his last. He left me on my bed, bloody and broken, crying not only for myself, but for what just happened. He hadn't laid his lips against mine that whole time. And not once had he even tried to utter the three words that meant everything to mates.