➳ 38

"So-o," Tyler sung as he opened the door of Paisley's apartment, grinning the entire way to the sofa where she sat with Franklin on her lap. "You envision a future with me? You see us having kids 'one day'?" He threw himself onto the sofa, letting his head drop onto Paisley's shoulder, and looked up at his girlfriend through fluttering lashes.

            "I wouldn't still be with you if I didn't," she rolled her eyes, pushing her boyfriend away from her in favour of doting on her dog. She glanced sideways at him, "Don't you envision one with me?"

           "Of course I do, Paisley," his smile softened, and he reached over to thread his hand with hers. "It's going to be you, me, our two kids, and four dogs for the rest of our lives, babe."

           "Two kids and four dogs, huh?" She hummed, turning to look at him properly, "Does that count Franklin, or...?"

          "Five dogs, then," He chuckled, "Do you like the sound of that?"

          Paisley rested her forehead against his and grinned, "I love the sound of that."

          "Good." He pulled away. "While we're on the topic of our futures, I was thinking maybe we should take the next step in this blossoming relationship of ours." He reached into his pocket, producing a key.

          "I've already got the key to your apartment," Paisley said with a frown.

          "But, this isn't they key to my apartment," he shook his head, "This is a key to our apartment."

          "What?"

          "I'm asking you to move in with me," Tyler pressed, "You and Franklin. Into a brand new apartment. Our apartment. So, what do you say?"

          "You don't even have to ask."

---

#paisler