1. The Beginning

1. New School, New Start

Song; Hawaii (Stay Awake) - Waterparks

I breathed in anxiously as I began preparing myself for what was to come, although nothing could ever prepare me for the events that begun at Harnew Academy.

A new school, a new start. I reminded myself as my fingers roughly clenched the straps of my backpack tighter.

Prepared to other schools, the uniform wasn't that strict here. I was wearing black skinny jeans, a white shirt which was neatly tucked in with a purple tie around it and a pair of dirt-free black and white converse.

I took a small glance around at the other school pupils. The majority of the girls wore skirts that were basically belts they were so short. I was always a strong believer of not judging people, letting them be themselves and if that meant expressing it in the strangest of ways, then so be it. Although I would never be able to understand why you would wear a buttoned down shirt and 3 inched skirts in Scotland winters. It just seemed stupid.

Most of the boys wore the same thing as one another - tight black trousers, black elf shoes which were more commonly known as "shit flickers", and the usual white shirt and tie. Only a couple, the more rebellious students wore jeans.

From just a few short glimpses around, I could already feel the strong vibes from each different clique floating around me.
A couple of boys were playing football in the grass near over, laughing as a few girls clutched on to their hand bags chanting their names encouragingly.
Another group of students stood on the corner of the school, a cigarette or a joint dangling between their lips as they slumped carelessly against the wall behind.

I bit my lip and decided to walk straight in. My eyes and fingers were busy on fumbling with my papers, in search of my map to find my way to reception. I was looking straight down so it wasn't really a surprise when I walked straight in to a rock-hard solid chest, my papers flying everywhere.

"Oh my gosh, excuse me I'm so sorry, oh god are you okay? I really didn't mean to I'm so-"

His eyes.
His dark, alluring, elaborate brown eyes bore into mine from above. All I could think about was how each fleck, filled with a new, undiscovered different shade of brown, married perfectly with the others as they all swirled together. The brown was as soft as fur as a hot chocolate colour filled his eyes. Although his pure eyes were arched, angry and lined with clear annoyance.

"Stop speaking." His harsh words fell fluently from his venomous mouth as he ordered me.

I nodded accepting his demands quickly. I didn't dare look at his eyes, worried they might hypnotise me again once I finally tore them away. I focused on the mud stained Doc Martine boots that adorned his feet. I glanced at my own shoes automatically. The strange coincidence of his dirty shoes across from my pristine ones amused me slightly, but my shoulders were still stiff with fright.

A small snigger filled my ears suddenly. I glanced back up to find the boy watching me carefully, entertainment smothering his eyes for a short second.
Although the sight was quickly replaced with him rolling his eyes and roughly pushing past me. The event left me with nothing but pure confusion as I stood completely still.

"Hey, are you alright? Guessing you're the new girl right? Well on behalf of our whole school I'd like to apologise that you had to meet him first. I'm Tristan by the way," a boy with beach blonde hair welcomed me.

A large grin formed on him as he joined me in picking up all of my papers that had spilled out of my grasp.

"Oh, yeah...hello, uhhh, I'm Amelia, and yeah I've just moved here." I smiled nervously as we both stood up.