First Day

High school starts. My friends are no longer my friends. My family treat me like I'm a slave. And every boy despises me.

Walking into my class is annoying. So is walking out. If I were to pick one, I'd say leaving was worse. I always have someone complaining that their crush likes me. I didn't choose to look like this. I didn't want to get into a good school. I didn't want to be rich. I didn't want to be here.

Alright. That's what happens when someone pisses me off. I'm sick of bastards standing up to me like a meerkat. I just want a quiet life. But, It isn't easy when I have so many secrets locked away, so many people staring at me either like I'm an idol or a gorilla from a zoo. That's how I'd compare the girls and boys, anyway. It's the first day, and I've already had half the boys looking at me like I'm dirt off my own shoe. Then again, my shoes are cleaned everyday, so I'm not sure that figure of speech would be possible. I'm the student council president, yet I look like I could beat up the mafia. Cool right? Wrong. I have way too many positive aspects, nobody suspects a thing. They just think 'He's perfect !' Or 'He's too perfect, something will happen to him sooner or later.' There's another comparison between girls and boys. The opinions are sometimes hilarious, of course, until I have attempts of beating me up everywhere.

We just came out of the entrance ceremony; I actually tied my shoulder-length hair up for once. And I wore glasses too. Not that it changed what I looked like too well. It's the start of class. And I'm the first here, not surprising. Not to me, anyway, since to the teachers I look like a bulldozer for the school. When I say that, I suppose you get it, right? 'The sort of person who treats school like they treat the person they're bullying.' I've never bullied anyone. I've never had bad grades. And I've never had a bro-. Yes I have. But I don't anymore. And I'm sure I went over that vaguely.

Finally, students came in. I wasn't expecting them to be boys, but they came in. One of them sat behind me, smiling. I noticed he clearly wanted to talk to me. 'Hi, I'm Abe Asao. What's your name?'

^ If only there was a theme song right here! Anyone agree?