Chapter One

This was bad.

That was the first thought passing through Oliver's mind as soon as he regained consciousness. He was still secured to the airplane's seat, his head hanging down.

He blinked once. Dark.

Blinked twice. Still dark.

The third time he finally managed to open his eyes, and the fog dissipated slowly.

The first thing he saw was white. Everywhere. Paradise, maybe? The pain in his chest told him otherwise.

Snow.

Then his eyes landed on the pilot. Dead.

And just like that, his mind went blank. Panic filled him.

Felicity.

He looked around frantically, the central part of the airplane was almost intact, but the tail was gone.

No no no.

Felicity was nowhere to be seen.

He needed to move, make sure she was still with him. Alive.

He fought with the seat's belt until finally, he broke himself free. Coughing loudly, he fell down on the snow that already covered most part of the place. How much time had passed? A sharp pain in his chest made him lose his breath again. Broken ribs. Great.

He inhaled deeply, and then he dragged himself outside.

They crashed on the top of a friggin mountain.

He scanned the snow quickly and finally, he saw her.

Blonde hair spread on the snow ten feet from him...and she was almost completely cover with it. Forgetting about his ribs, he ran to her and fell on his knees next to her body, gasping.

Felicity was pale like a ghost, lips blue. He placed two fingers on her neck, praying. When he felt her strong pulse, a sound of relief escaped his mouth. He placed his hands on her head, her neck, then her shoulders, and he froze. Her right arm was broken above the elbow, the bone in a weird angle.

Damn it.

He froze again when he reached her left knee. It was swollen and warm.

The broken arm was a problem. A big one. He had to put the bone back in place.

Making a quick check of his surroundings he knew the plane was their best cover from the snow and the cold, at least for now.

He put one arm under her back ad another under her knees.

Thank God she was unconscious, because every movement was painful for both of them. He forced himself to move fast, and once they were back inside the wreckage he laid her down carefully.

He looked at the airplane again; their luggage was gone, so all that they had left were their personal bags.

He focused back on her arm. To move the bone back in place he needed to pull very hard, so he took off her winter jacket, studying the better angle to doing it. When he placed his hand on her skin, ready to pull, she blinked her eyes open.

"Oliver?"

"Damn it, Felicity. Couldn't you remain unconscious for a little longer?" he said, brushing his palm on the soft, cold skin of her cheek.

"What happened? What did I miss?" She asked, a pained little smile on her face.

He almost laughed at her incredible spirit.