Chapter Three

She didn't say much for the first hour, they both didn't.

He was focusing on breathing and walking with the snow constantly on his knees; and he was having a hard time doing both, since he lost sensibility in his feet ten minutes after leaving the wreckage of the plane.

Felicity had her head pillowed on his shoulder with her noninjured arm circling his neck, trying as much as she could to weigh less on his arms.

They ended up walking for three hours before Oliver almost collapsed on the ground. His ribs were pulsating, taking his breath away.

They were in a more dense part of the forest, with the trees covering all of the clouded skies. And they didn't see anything besides a lot of snow, not even an animal.

Which Felicity was grateful for.

Oliver stopped under a particularly big tree, depositing her so that she could rest against it.

He sat beside her.

He could barely breathe without wincing in pain, but when he turned to face her, he knew that he was fine compared to what she was feeling.

She was pale like a ghost, her eyes were closed with dark circles around them, her lips blue.

A few seconds later, she turned away from him and emptied her already empty stomach in the snow. He moved in a blink, pulling her hair away from her face, keeping her against his chest while her body shook with spasms.

"Breathe, Felicity." He caressed her hair, making her lean her head against him.

She was in so much pain that she was having a hard time staying conscious. He laid her down again, covering her with the blankets.

"Oliver-"

He placed his hands on her cold cheeks, wiping a few tears away. "Shh, don't try to talk. The adrenaline is wearing off, that's why you feel sick."

She curved her lips, trying to smile; but her face just contorted in pain.

"I think you have a concussion. Does your head hurt?"

"Not more than my arm and leg."

He nodded, opening her jacket he took a hand full of snow and covered her broken arm with it. She trapped her lip between her teeth.

"I'm sorry, we have to keep it cold. We also need to find something that will help you with the pain, and fast."

She squeezed his hand. "Some magical island herbs?"

He smiled. "Something like that."

"Fine, I'm all for it."

He put her jacket back on, seating beside her.

"How far do you think is the river?" She snuggled deeply under the covers, only her eyes peeking out.

He leaned back against the tree, too.

They had covered a small track in those three hours because he had to move slowly, both because he couldn't breathe and for not jolt her too much. So the river was probably a lot more far away that he would like, at least six-seven hours of walking.

He opened his eyes and found her staring at him with an eyebrow raised, waiting for an answer.

He winked at her.

"It's just behind those trees there, right beside the hospital and Big Belly Burger."

They stared at each other in silence for a few seconds, and then she chuckled, flashing a full smile at him.