the wild roses

I had come to my home in New York city for my Christmas break my 8th grade year and, was sitting and reading my favorite book by the brick fireplace when I heard a loud "KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK" on the front door. I quickly got dressed and ran to the door it was my aunt and cousin with an officer, my aunt hugged me tight and sobbed more than I'd ever seen her cry. They usherd me into the car whare my cousin priston, explained every thing with a quavering voice "We were driving back with the christmas tree, when a truck crashed into us, we never even saw it coming"priston said while still shaking with terror from the crash. "Your father didnt make it"she said at last. I cried the rest of the night the funeral was over in the blink of an eye and, before I knew it I was on a plane to hawiai to live with my aunt and cousin priston, I would go to a public school in honalulu and live like any other teenage girl.

Once the plane arrived, I found priston who's a year older than me "so your 15 and have never been to a public school?" She asked on the way to my new home. "Thats right" I said. pristons mom has all of thare money in savings so thay live like regular people. We pulled up at a stilt house with a amazing garden with
every color I could think of and at the center of the garden was wild roses, my mothers favorite and that comforted me more than I could ever say.