Chapter One

A/N;

Human Speech - "Hello I'm Ash."

Pokespeech - "Hello I'm Ghastly"

Thoughts - I'm Ash and I'm currently thinking.

Pokethoughts - 'Hello I'm a Ghastly and I'm currently thinking.'

In other words, Human Speech is non-italic and surrounded by Speechmarks, Pokespeech is Italics with Speechmarks and Thoughts just italics and Pokethoughts is italics with apostrophes.

Since the idea of Kids travelling around is utterly ridiculous, the age of when people start their Journey will change to 14 Years. As for the Age for Cynthia, she will also be 14. 

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon, if I did, Ash would take love interest with someone, be smarter, have Aura powers and actually freaking age.

#~

Ash Ketchum, a boy who is starting his Journey on his birthday. He just had turned fourteen and he was finally able to get out and challenge Gyms and battle other trainers, he had one specific Goal: To be a Pokemon Master...

Ash slowly picked up the ball with the lightning bolt on it, he hadn't managed to get a actual Starter, which was Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle but he actually got something which was fine by him. He opened the ball and out came a fluffy yellow mouse-like Pokemon, this marked the beginning of his Journey he thought. However, when Ash had attempted to stroke his Pikachu, he instead been struck by a thunderbolt. "YAAAH!" "What in the name of Arceus was that for?" Instead of getting his needed answer, the Yellow-Mouse Pokemon dashed to the door, escaping. 

Ash then bolted and looked for Pikachu. "Pikachu? Hello? I lost him... this was supposed to be a good day today but had instead done the opposite..."He then dashed for the woods but found no sign of the Pokemon. He sighed then went to sit on a nearby rock. From a short distance away a Ghost Pokemon, by the name of Ghastly had been watching him. Normally a Pokemon like him would only appear at night but it had felt quite a strange need to be with this trainer. The Ghastly went invisible and gradually made his way to Ash's bag, he phased through it and touched the Pokeball. The Ball rolled three times and blinked which rendered capture.

This remained unknown to Ash, he got up and then looked around for something he might have a chance capturing without damaging it. A Pidgey he thought he looked around the forest and ended up having his eyes locked onto a Pidgey eating some berries. "Perfect, I might be able to get it while it's distracted." He whispered, he pulled out the ball that contained Ghastly and tossed it at the Pidgey. When the ball hit on contact out came the Ghastly, "Ghastly" It cried. 

Ash had just stood there his jaw wide open and his mind dumbfounded, "When did I catch a  Ghastly?" The Ghastly smiled and made his way to Ash, "Hello"  The Ghastly spoke, "Wait you can talk?" Ash slapped his hand on his head if he had a temperature and pinched his-self thinking he's just about to wake up. "Wait, you can understand me?"  

"I can? Wait, how come earlier I heard you say Ghastly?" 

"I just said my own name earlier."

"That makes sense, wait, how did I capture you?"

"There was some need, a pull to be with you, so I went into your bag and captured myself." 

"So you captured yourself?" Ash slapped his hand on his forehead slightly chuckling, while having their full out conversation, the Pidgey just watched them talk to each other the boy had just had a full out conversation with a Ghastly that only appears at night. 'That's not something you see everyday'. It thought. Ash turned to the Pidgey, "I know! This isn't something you see everyday." The Pidgey just stared at him, "How'd you read my mind?" The Pidgey just stared at him awaiting an answer, even Ghastly was confused. Now both Pokemon stared at him confusingly. "Wait, I read your mind?" Ash started to think he was crazy. 

Both of the Pokemon just stared at him slightly sweatdropping. "Yes?" The two Pokemon in front of him said questioningly. The Pidgey just laughed and made his way to Ash's bag and jumped into one Pokeball, a blue light came out of the bag which meant Pidgey came out of his Pokeball.

Instead of having an answer, Ash just laughed and returned both Pokemon. "Well, okay. I'll just make my way to a Pokemon center..."

#~

So how was this Chapter? This chapter may be quite short but this is only the first, and hey! This is also my first fanfiction! Add to a reading list follow me and favorite this story because what else you going to do with it? Thanks guys and I'll see you next chapter.

By the way, some people think Ash is too overpowered, no, it's just that he's smart. He learns stuff for once. So it's slightly overpowered, Smart, Aura, Psychic Ash? Wait wait, Oversmaurachic Ash. Just add the words together and you get that Oversmaurachic... bye guys.