Bonus Epilogue # 1

Bentley - Graduation Day

I was standing in front of my chair in the large room where the graduation ceremony was being held. I turned to look at the rows where friends and family sat, proudly cheering for the graduates. I spotted my cheerleaders quickly.

Pop, Maria, Brennan and my kids were all cheering. Jake and Ivy had no idea what they were clapping for at three and four years old, but it made me proud anyway. I knew that one day when they could understand, they'd know their mom made a tough decision and went to college. I hoped all my kids would go to college one day.

I smiled to myself as I thought of the paperwork waiting in my desk drawer at home. I'd been hiding it for well over a month, and I couldn't wait to see Brennan's face when he opened it.

I didn't know what my future held at that moment, but all I cared about was my family. Present and future.

After the ceremony, I walked toward my loved ones and was swept up in Pop's hug.

"I am so proud of you," he said in my ear.

I squeezed him and let go to hug Maria, too.

"I'm glad you guys are here," I said.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world," she said, giving me another quick hug.

I hugged Jake and Ivy before they got distracted by their grandparents and the snacks we all knew Nanna Maria kept in her purse for such occasions. I watched them walk to the nearest bench where Brennan's parents and my brother were seated.

I turned and looked at Brennan. He opened his arms, and I stepped into them.

"There's my sexy college lady," he said. I let out a squeak when he picked me up and started spinning. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you," I said when he sat me back down.

"You're going to do awesome." He leaned down to kiss me, and I felt butterflies erupt in my belly. This man still had an effect on me that I hoped would never go away.

We joined our family, and Jackson apologized for Olivia, Logan and Callahan not being able to make it. She was at home with two sick kids, which I understood all too well.

My phone went off, and I pulled it out of my purse to see Sam was calling me.

"Hey, Sammy!" I said when I answered.

"Hey, Brat! Congratulations!" she yelled, and I heard Ryan groan before calling her a loud mouth.

"I have got to learn to be quieter," she whispered, and I laughed.

"It'll get better. Ryan will get used to your obnoxiously loud voice, or we'll have to tape your mouth shut."

"He already threatened that," she laughed. "I better go. Ryan's giving me the evil eye because we're about to walk into a movie."

"Okay, well thank you for calling! I love you and miss you!"

"Love and miss you too! Don't forget to call me when you give Brennan his surprise," she said. I looked at my husband and smiled.

"Will do," I said before hanging up.