Chapter Five: Reborn

We followed the instructors into a room where we were separated. We each went to individual rooms and were told to lay down on the operating table.

'What's happening? Did we do anything wrong?' I ask the male doctor.

'No you haven't done anything wrong. We are simply making you better' He says.

I look at him confused. 'What do you mean better?' I ask, fear seeping through me.

'Each of you are already the best soldiers alive. We, however, want more. We will make each of you gods, completely indestructible. Each individual being able to face entire armies and not perish' The Doctor says, obsession in her voice.

Creepy I thought.

'What if we don't want this' I ask.

The doctor looks at me, giving me the "Are you seriously asking me that" look.

'You don't have a choice. Non of you do, you in particular' He states.

'Why me in particularly?' I ask confused.

The doctor looks at me, stopping whatever he was doing.

'Why? Because, you have never been beaten in combat, your team has never been beaten with you leading them. Because you are possibly the greatest leader alive!' He raises his voice.

I was about to ask another question, hoping to annoy him and stall, when I get poked by a needle on my neck.

The last thing I remember was me thinking, NOT AGAIN!

FIVE DAYS LATER AFTER THE OPERATION...

Feeling like every bone in my body was just broken, put back together and shoved back in my body, I wake up.

I look around and see that I'm in a hospital bed of sorts.

I try to get up but can't seem to move. I look down and see that I'm tied to the bed.

'This is just great' I mumble.

I try to yell but can't seem to find my voice.

I start to panic. Where I'd my team? Where is Tabby? I start struggling and easily enough I break the binds keeping my hands tied to the bed and move on to freeing my legs.

I head out the door and go room by room, looking for my team, especially Tabby.

As I get to the end of the long hall, a nurse comes up to me and tries to push me back to my room. For some reason it looked like she was moving in slow motion.

'What the hell is going on?' I ask.

She responds, but again, its in slow motion. I walk away from her and keep looking for my team. I turn right at the end of the hallway and peek through the nearest room. Pushing past it, I walk to the next room when I'm grabbed by three pairs of hands.

I turn around and push the doctors away, causing them to fly across the hall.

I look at my hands, 'What the hell?'

Just then I feel a small sting on my lower back. I turn around to find a guard aiming what looked like a dart gun. I move my right hand towards the sting area and pull out a dart.

I look at the guard, giving him the ARE YOU SERIOUS look.

I start walking to him, grabbing him by his shirt and flinging him all the way to the end of the hallway. I look away when I hear a crunch sound as he hits the wall. Oops.