Chapter Seven

In the Command Center, it was utter silence. Nobody spoke a word. I could probably hear a feather hit the floor. I look at the big screen on the right and see the enemy ships.

I press the comms button and my two ship Captains answer.

'Captains, you are clear to reveal yourself and engage the enemy. Remember, you are to make them believed you are answering a distress call not that you are trying to get their attention, so keep keep it calm and stick to the plan' I order.

'Yes sir!' Both captains reply.

The plan was simple. The two captains were to engage the enemy and get their attention and piss them off enough that they will chase them over to the moon. From there we would open fire with all our cannons, including our cannons on the moon base. Hopefully the entire fleet falls for our trap. While all that us going on phase two will begin. It consists of me leading my 400 Steel Wolves through the space frontier and making an LZ on the surface.

I have allowed Commander Sanders full command of the space battle since he has much more experience than me. So I will be leading the ground assault.

'Commander Sanders, you have operation command of the space battle. I will be joining the ground assault on the surface' I tell Sanders over the comm.

'Yes sir!' Was Sanders reply.

I quickly gather my helmet that came with my armor and stride out of the Command Center.

After finding my way to the Embarkation Deck, I quickly find my transport which was almost completely full with 50 Steel Wolves sitting on either side with their helmets on.

I nod to the one in front of me and it just so happened it was Travis.

'Travis, good to see you here my friend.' I said happily.

Travis bows his head. 'Good to see you as well my friend. I would have thought you would be riding with Tabby not sitting here with me' Travis says with what I'm sure is a grin on his face.

I smile. 'I couldn't find the damn ship. So I will have to find her when we hit the surface' I said shrugging.

I quickly put on my helmet and the HUD comes alive. I quickly select the command that will show me the battle going on right now.

Immediately I see 250,000 Valkyries take off to engage the smaller transport ships the enemy has deployed. Their lighter cannons pounded furiously on the shields of the transports, quickly destroying many before I had the chance to get a good look at the enemy numbers. I quickly turn my attention to the right and notice that the enemy has fallen for the trap. They chased my two captains straight into our trap and now they were paying dearly. Dozens of cannons opened fire on the enemy ships, half of them being cut down in the first volley. They were betting smarter now and were spreading out to force my cannons to aim first then fire. The battle overall was going great for us though.

After a few moments I remember to order my ships to disembark.

'All drop ships in phase two of operation Rancor, launch in three...two...one...launch!' I ordered.

Immediately I felt the engines roar to life as the ship I was on engaged its thrusters pulling us into space in the direction of planet Rancor.

Sister, you better still be alive. I'm coming for you, I thought hope rising in me.

////////////////////////////

For twenty minutes we just sat in our seats waiting for the drop ships to land so we can get this mission into high gear.