Day 18

Dear Journal,
        Today I woke up by the same creek..... I just sat there and stared at it........ Thinking...... What if he forgets about me? What if he dies out there at war?.................... Should I have fallen for John?... No no that's silly!....... HAVE HERC, ALEX, AND LAF GONE TOO!!!!!..........I got up and ran to Alex's house because it was the closest... He wasn't there.... I went to Laf's... He wasn't there....... I went to Herc's..... He wasn't there............... They are all gone........ I then found myself in the strong arms of someone.... Is couldn't be John or Alex or Laf or Herc they were all off to war..... All I knew was they were bald and was wearing a blue uniform......... He let go of me and asked my name, and why I was crying...... I told him I was crying because all of my friends were called to war.. and my name is Skylar Dorame Washington Phoenix.... He smiled and hugged me saying "I missed you and your mother so so much....." I was scared..... He soon let go and said "My name is George Washington and your mother was my sister, and you'll see all of your friends at a winter's ball"...... I smile and thanked him then I told him my family is most likely worried about me... He offered to walk me home to which I agreed..... James and Julia were so surprised Washington was with me and Finn's jaw dropped and Olivia couldn't believe her eyes...... Washington said that they are all welcome to the Ball and left some money for us..... Man I love my new found uncle........