To The Forest Of The Firefly Lights

It has been a year now. And I am on my way to my uncle's place again this summer. I guess it really became my habit to be here every summer break, although this time, I'm not that excited anymore. It still hurts, my chest still hurts. But I know that Gin is still here, so even if it hurts even more, as long as I know that Gin is inside my heart, I'll bear with the pain. 

'So, let's go.'

I smiles and inhales the summer breeze as I hold my bag tightly. I brought Gin's mask.

'Let us go.' I told myself as I imagine Gin walking alongside with me.

"Uncle! I'm home!" I lively announced as I saw my uncle walking towards me.

"Oh! Hotaru! Welcome home!" Uncle hugs me and help me with my other bags. I gave them to him, except the one with Gin's mask.

"Yes! It's been a while. I really missed being here."

"What are you talking about? You're always here every year. I'm already used to it." 

"But it feels like forever to me." I pouted as I remember how slow the time pass by this year unlike the other years when Gin was still alive.

Uncle just laughed at me as we walk inside the house. He's getting older as time pass by. I didn't realize that until today that I am seeing more of his silver hair and the wrinkles by his eyes.

I am a year older too. My hair grows longer as time went by but I always make sure to trim it before coming to uncle's house. 

Just a few more year.

I'm still thinking of getting a job here just as what I told Gin. I'll be with him more. In autumn .... winter ..... spring .... always.

Time came that separates us but I will still keep my promise to be with him, remembering him.

Wait for me Gin.

"I was worried to you last time. Coming home late with swollen eyes and a mask. But you never told me what happened. You just smiled bitterly with flowing tears and hugged me. You just don't know how worried your aunt  was that night." My uncle reminded me again of that night when he's waiting for me to remove my sandals at the genkan.

I just pout at him. I remember that night, that night that made me cry a lot. I remember hugging my uncle and crying until I fell asleep in my yukata.

"Eehh... You're mean uncle. why should you remind me of that?" my pout was placed with a grin as I gaze away from my uncle who just laughed and mess my hair.

"I just thought you'll never visit us again. Because you broke up with your boyfriend."

My eyes grew wide. I remove his hand from messing my hair more and face him.

"B-boyfriend? Who said I have a boyfriend? And what's with the break up?"

"Is it not? Well, you always go here every summer and spend your day out. Even wearing your uniform though it's vacation. Didn't you show it to your boyfriend?"

My face flushed red as I remember those times. But Gin is not my boyfriend.

"I don't have a boyfriend. And I didn't experience break up. It's just that .... I have lost a dear friend that time." My cheeks are burning because of the controversy. I just ran inside the house and went straight to the kitchen to drink something.

"That's not what your expression show. Well, whatever. I'll leave it to you." Uncle then follow me to the kitchen and placed cutted watermelons on the table.