Part 14

"Thanks for paying for lunch, I'll make sure to pay for your next meal." You stood there, one hand holding the side of the door, the other hand holding on to the doorknob. "I'll see you at the luau?"

"Yeah, it's in a couple hours, but honestly the other guys will take a while to get ready. Meet you there?"

"Sure."

Just as he took a step to leave, you immediately thought of a question to ask so he could stay a little longer. "Hey wait. What are we supposed to wear?"

"Hm, I think anything would look good on you." He walked to his room, leaving you in awe.

You shut the door, scratching your head. "I think anything would look good on you," you mocked. "Is he trying to make me nervous...'cause it's working." You took a glance in the mirror and then wondered if you should change. "Hm, I'll be fine." You jumped on to the bed and grabbed your phone, setting a timer for 10 minutes. "Just a quick power nap..."

It was your old middle school gymnasium, but you were your present self. Seated on the bleachers, you were in a simple, slim-fitted red dress. You looked around and felt as if you'd been there before.

"Junior prom?"

You saw unrecognizable faces, but it seemed like they were just extras in a movie.

"This blows."

Someone's voice scared you. Immediately, you looked to your side and saw Namjoon on his phone.

"How long have you been there?"

"Y/N. I've been sitting here this entire time. You good? Did you drink any of the punch, I told you not to."

"I didn't, I didn't. The kids in our grade probably thought they were so cool to spike the punch. 'Oh yeah dude let's get wasted!'"

"'Whoa bro, chug this cup! Chug! Chug! Chug!'"

You both laughed. "We're lame."

"So are they." He settled down.

"Yeah."

Namjoon looked at the DJ as he changed the song. It was a slow song, but because there was a lot of people inside you couldn't really make out which song it was.

The DJ tapped on the microphone. "This will be the last slow song of the night, so grab your special lady or man and head down to the court!"

Namjoon stood up and put his hand out. "C'mon, it's the last one, and you've been sitting here this entire time."

You looked at his hand, then at him, and back at his hand. "Fine. But one dance, that's it."

He lead you down the bleachers on to the court, ever so slightly biting his lip. He stood tall and proud, putting his other hand on your waist. You rested your hand on the back of his neck. You moved slowly, your feet followed his steps. Your faces were close to touching, but you couldn't move back. You didn't want to. His said something, but you didn't hear it at first.

"Y/N..."

"Huh? I can't hear you."

"Let me in." The way he spoke sent chills down your spine. His big, beady eyes sparkled in the lights mounded on the ceiling. The big spotlight on the stage shined right on his back, its rays making a circle around his figure.

"What?"

He slowly put his lips close to your ear, whispering softly. "Let me in, Y/N."

"Let you in?"

A loud knock woke you up, scaring you a little.

"Yeah, I have something."

It sounded like Namjoon, so you got up and walked to the door, covering your mouth as you yawned. You opened the door, seeing Namjoon with your hat in his hand.

"I realized that you didn't have your hat, so I retraced our steps and I found it outside."

"Oh. Thank you."

"Yeah, of course."

You both stood there. Namjoon put his lips together and tapped his foot, while you played with your hat.

"So—uh—I'll see you at the luau?"

"Yeah yeah, it seems like you might've been sleeping?"

"I was just gonna take a quick nap."

"Oh, sorry."

"No no it's fine. Thanks for the hat."

"No problem, see ya."

You closed the door silently, putting your back against it. "Should I?"