Anna's Eyes

Chapter Seven

(New Character's Point Of View)

"I saw that, you know." Sam said. I didn't register that he was talking to me at first. She was all I could think about.

"Huh?" I asked and look at him a few seconds later. His shoulder length blonde hair was in desperate need of a brush and he ran a hand through it.

"The girl. You were about to drink from her-and stopped. Haven't seen that from you in a long time." He said, eyes boring into mine. "What made you stop?"

I averted my eyes. Mistake. Now he knew I was hiding something-or was. Can't avoid the truth now. "Anna."

"A dead girl made you do it?" He asked. "That's a little hard to believe."

"No... did you see the girls face?" I asked, annoyed.

"I was busy at the time." He said flatly.

"That girl... her eyes were just like Anna's."

"Green? Alot of people's eyes are that color."

"That's not what I mean. This girl... her eyes are bright blue but there was that look in her eyes. Like she was looking straight into my soul. She was so innocent but still brave. It was overwhelming." I said. Remembering those eyes mesmerized me. "I'm going to follow her tonight, find her."

"I think you have a bad case of I'm-About-To-Punch-You-In-Your-Face." Sam said and I glanced at his angry face. "I thought, after Anna, you had learned. And Anna was a vampire. This girl is just that- a girl -and human on top of that. You can NOT fall for her."

"Sam-"

"No, listen- I'm not standing by and watching this happen. Not again. This will end badly and you know it. She. Is. Human. She'll recognize you and run screaming the moment she sees you." Sam finished his mimi-speech by walking away.

Damn it, why did my best friend have to make so much sense? He hadn't changed my mind either way.