₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 1

Welcome. You don't know me. Or you might. I'm not sure. But if you do, you would know I'm Lapis Universe, and..I'm adopted. Rough right? Well..No. what is rough is anything else in my life. An example? My girlfriend. Jasper, weird name I know. And she's abusive as hell. But..To be honest I don't know why I'm with her. Or how. Maybe it's because she threatened my family. Or maybe I fell in love with a fake. Again I'm not sure. But here I am.
    It was third period, and also November. School had barely even started, but it feel like I've been here for a century. The class, this year consists of mainly gems and humans. I sat in the back of the class, with some of Jaspers gang members. Oh and I nearly forgot. I had joined up with a gang. Jasper's gang.
    And of course this had not been a decision I had made, it was Jaspers decision. She threatened my family. And I remembered it clearly.
   We had just left Fish Stew Pizza, after our dinner date. More like a captive dinner.. I had thought.
   "Hey Lapis?" The buff warrior-like gem asked.
    "Yes?" I asked, a dull look on my face and a bored tone to my words.
    "Join my gang." She commanded stepping in front of me. The lamppost cast her monstrous shadow over me.
   "No. Jasper, you're joking right?" I flashed something of smile at her.
  "No. I'm not." She replied, hardening her glare. "In fact! If you don't join I'll kill your friends and family." She grinned pulling out a switchblade.
  I didn't have friends. But my family..My family was really important to me! My little brother Steven, our father Greg...I was thinking too much. She was joking. She had to be.
   I kept firm. "No." I stated, looked her in the eye. She frowned, and raised her hand.
Smack!
The sound echoed, and I gasped. I held my face, the burning sensation in my cheek. Jasper looked at me, no remorse. Jasper walked away leaving me alone. The light from the lamppost giving my skin an awkward lighting to it.
   "Ready to begin class?" Our teacher, Ms. Ari, smiled. It tore me from my thoughts. The room stayed quiet. Ms. Ari smiled. "Well! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ms. Ari! I will be your homeroom and English language arts teacher." Again the silence.
Ms. Ari smiled awkwardly. Just then a familiar face entered the room. The sloppy purple gem, Amethyst, waltzed to her seat. The teacher gave her a quick glance.
"Sorry Teach'." Amethyst said lazily, looking over.
"Quite alright." The teacher smiled, picking up a pile of papers off her desk. "So. As your teacher, I'd like to get to know you better."
A low groan came from most the class, while I sat quietly, and took a pencil out of my bag.
"U-uhm. M-Ms.Ari I can take care of that!" A certain Pearl stood from her desk a baby blue blush crossed her cheeks.
  "Of course! Thank you!" Ms. Ari smiled handing off the papers and returning to her desk.  A scoff could be heard from across the classroom. I peered over in the direction of the person who scoffed. Peridot.
  Peridot and I never got along well. Maybe this year that'll change..