-Ju San-

Saika's POV:
Pain was the only thing I could feel when I became conscious. It even hurt to open my eyes, but I managed and looked around. The familiar white walls of Squad 4's healing quarters greeted me and reminded me that I wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. My chest felt heavy and pain shot through my body with every breath, making me feel like I'd rather die than live.

Suddenly, a pair of teal eyes came into view and looked down at me. I jumped out of fright, then groaned in pain and collapsed back on my bed. "Idiot! Don't move!" Toshiro scolded me, flicking my cheek. I pouted and said, "Then stop scaring me." "I didn't scare you, you're just a chicken," Toshiro fought back. I sighed and smiled, "Even though you're a jerk, I'm glad that you're here." Toshiro turned away and mumbled, "Dummy," under his breath. I giggle and immediately cringed in pain, earning a chuckle out of Toshiro.

Aizen and Ukitake stop by to visit me somewhere around noon. "How are you feeling Saika?" Aizen asked. "I'm doing fine," I reply simply. Captain Ukitake kneels down to my level and says, "You're probably going to be out of condition for a week, you're lucky you have incredible regeneration abilities." I then receive four smacks on my forehead and scream, "WHAT WAS THAT FOR!???!???" "That's for going out on your own and facing the enemy without me!" Renji said. I hadn't even noticed he'd arrived. Toshiro tsked me and I sighed, "I was impatient and thought I could handle it all by myself, but I guess not."

"Oh, that reminds me. Saika, do you have any information on the Ryoka?" Aizen asked me. I thought about it for a moment. I couldn't afford to give them too much information because then my chances of saving Rukia will be decreased. "I don't know much since I was focused more on the fight and beating him than getting information. I do know that the Ryoka I ran into had orange hair and a massive spiritual pressure. He looked weak at the beginning, but I bet you if he gets stronger, he'll be stronger than the captains with their bankai's," I informed them. All four of their faces scrunched up and remained in deep thought.

Aizen and Ukitake left, telling us they had to deliver this new information to headquarters and plan their next move. Renji stayed a little bit longer before ruffling my hair and leaving, claiming he had to train more so he could beat this guy up for me. I looked over at Toshiro, assuming he was going to leave me too, but he pulled out a stack of paperwork and started writing stuff on it. I smiled and with great effort, stretched my weak arm out to run my hand through his hair as a thanks. He caught on to what I was doing and instead of moving away or swatting my hand, he simply moved closer so I didn't have to reach out that far. I blushed slightly and ran my fingers through his soft, white hair, admiring it.

I stared at the white ceiling, bored out of my mind. "Hey Toshiro?" "What? And it's Captain Hitsugaya," Toshiro replied, obviously annoyed that I interrupted his work. "Sorry, but anyways, why are you so cold?" His pen stopped moving and he thought about it for a little bit and replied in a monotone voice. , "I've always been cold I guess." I nodded then pulled my hands away and blew on them. "What are you doing now?" Toshiro asked me. "Warming up my hands," I replied simply. He shrugged in off before going back to work.

I went back to warming up my hands, rubbing them together as fast as I could without my arms hurting too much. My hands started to feel like they were burning so I stopped and looked at my hands, pleased with my work. I looked over at Toshiro and smirked before putting my hot hands on his cheeks. He gasped and jumped away from me, his paperwork flying everywhere. I had a strong grip than I thought I did and got pulled out of bed by Toshiro. I cried out in pain and immediately Toshiro was by my side, helping me back into bed and checking my wounds.

After I had gotten settled back into bed, Toshiro scolded me about being so stupid and scaring him like that. He gave me a mini lecture on how I could've reopened my wounds during that fall and blah blah blah blah BLAH. I just smiled at his cuteness and his worry for me. I leaned over to his and kissed his cheek before lying down again. It was a weird sensation because Toshiro's cheeks were warm. I started to drift away into sleep as Toshiro told me something about a 3rd seat being defeated and how he had to leave for a meeting. I smiled and nodded before I passed out.