Up We Go Then

Alright! Welcome to my (official) second chapter! This is when Shu starts getting all lovey for Randi. :)  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Randi was training in the Bey park when Vault came running up to her. "RANDI!" he screamed. Randi flinched. "Dude, relax. What's wrong?" she asks the bluenette. He tells her in a stream of words. "ShuandIweretrainingandsuddenlyhehurthisarmandnowhe'sonamountainatourfriend'splaceandyouabsolutelyhavetocomebecauseShuneedssupport!" he rapidly explains. Randi flinched. Shu? Not possible. Unheard of! He was always to careful to not hurt himself. 

"Lead the way!" she says. Vault runs and she follows him while dialing her aunt's number. "Hey! A friend of mine is injured and I want to check on him. Is that okay?" she asks. After several seconds of wait, she answered, "Chill. Okay. See you later." They joined the other and ran up the mountain. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After meeting Xander, many complaints and cuts, they made it. Vault ran and plastered his face to the window of the infirmary while Randi tended his wounds. "Shu! I am so sorry. It's my fault-OW! RANDI WATCH IT WILL YOU!" he yelled when she put the disinfectant. Shu blushed. "R-randi? Why'd you bring her Vault?" he asked. Vault seemed confused. "I thought it would help if-OW! SERIOUSLY RANDI! THAT HURT!" he yells. Randi groaned. 

"Even Nika and Toko didn't complain as much as you do. How am I supposed to treat this if you keep squirming!" she says. The man who was helping Shu in the infirmary said, "We aren't done. Close the window and wait a few minutes." Randi rose, and to Xander and Yugo's surprise, she looked so much like Shu. "Sorry about that. Vault can be a bit impatient," she said and closed the window. 

The man noticed Shu's blush. "The girl is pretty. Looks like you," he says. Shu blush only deepens. "Is it that obvious?" he asks. The man rises and hands Shu his jacket. "Talk to her. She'll listen," he says, and takes Shu to the Bey room. There, Xander and Yugo were showing off their improvised stadium with spikes. "This is genius," Randi says. 

Xander laughs. "That's not all. Meet our other bey club member. Ukyo, come meet our guests," he says. Shu noticed Randi's expression darkened at the mention of Ukyo. The blue haired boy comes out and meets Randi with the words, "Hello...sister." 

Everyone is in shock. Only Randi seems at ease. "Hello brother. How's dad?" she asks. Before Ukyo can answer, Rantaro interrupts. "Okay! What going on here? Randi and Ukyo are siblings? Did not see that coming!" he yells out. "Yeah! Randi's last name is Shigotu. Ukyo's certainly isn't," Vault says. 

"Sadly, blue hair and I are siblings. Our parents divorced thanks to him," Randi says darkly. Ukyo tenses. "It was your fault creep! You didn't have mom and dad's blue eyes or blue hair. You had to be born an albino. Creep," he says. Shu senses Randi is about to lose it. He steps forward. "Randi calm down. He's your brother," he says. She calms down a little. But Ukyo used that to his advantage. "Of course you would get along. She's an albino. So is he," he says. 

Randi had had enough. 

With a battle cry, she attacked Ukyo. He was defenseless. She came at him as fast as her bey. Her punches came from every direction. Ukyo fought back as hard as he could. It took everyone's effort, even Toko and Nika's to pull them apart and hold them. "Cut it out! Not cool guys!" Vault cried out. But Randi was still wound up. "Let me at him!" she cried out. Shu stepped in and put his hands on her shoulders. 

"Randi. Listen to me. You have to calm down," he said. The last two words echoed in her mind. She relaxed, and fell to the ground exhausted. She was panting hard. Ukyo seemed pleased to have provoked her. "See. I still know how to pull your strings," he says. Randi was quiet. Too quiet. Shu got worried. "Randi. Are you okay?" he asked. He saw two tears escape her eyes. She rose and ran towards the forest.

"Randi wait!" he called out and followed her. When they were deep in the woods. Randi climbed an oak swiftly, and sat on a branch. When Shu stood beneath her branch, he felt her tear falling on his face. He climbed up and joined her. She was sobbing. "What happened between you and Ukyo? I had never seen you like that," he asked her. She sobbed and said, "My parents thought I was a disgrace to the family because I was born with white hair and brown eyes. Ukyo looked like them, so he was their favorite. I got fed up and left to live with my aunt. They couldn't care less," she solemnly explained. 

Shu felt a pull at his heart. He hated seeing Randi this way. He pulled her close and hugged her. She hugged back, still sobbing and crying. They stayed this way for several minutes. They pulled away, and Randi only stared out. Shu kept his head down. She suddenly pulled out her violin. 'She has some way to hide it,' Shu thought. She began to play The Hanging Tree. Shu could only admire how flawlessly she played. How the strings seemed to flow through her fingers. 

When the tune ended, she turned to him and said, "You should go back. I'm staying here, alone. I need time to rethink everything." Shu was ready to protest, but relented. He climbed down and went back to the center. The match had begun. Ukyo looked up and said, "So how's your girlfriend?" Shu hoped his blush didn't notice and said, "We're friends. Messed up of you to treat her like that." 

The Beigoma kids feared Shu would fight Ukyo to defend Randi, so they closed in on him and held him firmly. "Fine. If you want me to stop bothering your girlfriend, tell her to stop being a chicken and come battle my Unicrest," Ukyo teased. Shu tensed. He could battle Unicrest, but his shoulder prevented it. There was only one option. 

Randi had to battle. 

"Alright then. I'll go tell her," Shu said, and walked back to Randi's hiding place. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh! How about THAT plot twist! Ukyo is Randi's brother! HAHAHA! This was genius of me! Anywho, tell me in the comments if you liked this plot twist and if you want me to keep writing. Thanks for all the support!