Secret admirer Part 1

word count: 2383

word count: 2383

You stood around with your friends in the busy hallway. Of course the conversation was what it always was...Boys, gossip, hottest styles, or the newest movies that had been released. You inwardly shook your head at some of the things that they talked about, but today it was about Prom. Prom was a magical time of year where a girl was supposed to feel enchanted and have the best night of her life. You weren't sure if that would be the case for you though.

See you were in love with someone, but you weren't sure if he could even love you back. A crush that was destined to be doomed from the start. You were in love with a Vulcan hybrid. He was a mix between a Vulcan and a Human and when he smiled you felt like your heart would melt into a puddle at your feet. He didn't smile much because it was in his Vulcan nature to keep his emotions hidden. That was what made you so afraid to tell him how you felt. You felt like if you did it would be the worst rejection in history and your friendship with him would evolve into an awkwardness.

"Earth ta (Y/N) are ya in there (Y/N)?" Reba called to grab your attention because you had been day dreaming again. You blinked for a moment and tried your best to focus, a blush dusted your cheeks.

"Huh? Wha?" You asked doing everything you could hide the blush that was rising. The girls giggled as they pointed to the poster that hung in the display case. There in front of the poster were three boys that you recognized. The one you had a huge crush on, Spock, and his two best friends. Jim Kirk was a rebel with playful blue eyes and a flirty persona when he was focused on girls, but you knew he was smarter than he let on. Leonard McCoy was a sensible boy with a southern accent like Reba, he had wise hazel eyes and a smirk that could make the girls fall to their knees. Spock of course was the follower most of the time, he had a quiet nature about him, but he was kind and even though he didn't understand human customs all the time he would try his best to help.

You watched them stare at the poster and then you saw Jim whisper something in Spock's pointed ear. A green blush blossomed over his cheeks and ears which made your heart leap because it was truly an adorable sight. In an instant the Vulcan Hybrid had his gaze wandering over to you and your group of friends before the three of them turned and walked away towards their lockers at the end of the hallway. "Ya jus wonder wha' Jim jus said ta make 'em blush like tha' eh?" Reba asked making you turn your attention back to the girls.

"I'm sure he was saying something stupid or dirty. You know that Spock is pretty shy, especially around that subject" You answered in Spock's defense remembering that he wasn't sure about romance or anything pertaining to sex. You once had wondered why he thought it was such a taboo to think about sex. You found out very quickly from a few text books in the library that Pon Farr had something to do with that.

"Well I mean he did look over at you though (Y/N)... it's possible that you aren't the only one with a crush" Nyota pointed out making you close your eyes and try to recompose yourself. You took a glance again at where the boys once stood and shook your head.