Secret Admirer Part 3

Word Count: 2191

The day had gone by very fast. Faster than you could expect it to go. The important part was that you got to have fun with your friends and experience it with them. You were sitting in your room with the girls, getting ready for the night of dancing and stolen kisses. Your heart beat at the rhythm of a thundercloud, but your gaze remained on the starry night that was beginning to take hold of the sky.

You hadn't realized it was time to go until you felt a hand on your shoulder. "Ya comin' or are ya jus' gonna sit there an' look pretty?" Reba chuckled, her touch making you jump out of your skin.

You nodded slowly and let out a sigh. "Yeah I guess so... I'm just afraid. What if he doesn't show up or what if I was wrong? I mean think about it, Spock's a Vulcan. Vulcan aren't known for liking big parties" You said softly as you slowly stood up and smoothed out your silky dress. You carefully tied your mask in the back and slid it onto your face and then grabbed your purse from your dresser.

"Darlin' we've been over this, if he didn't wanna do this he wouldn't have went ta all the trouble ta make ya guess who he was all week long" Reba said comfortingly and patted your shoulder. You shrugged and knew that she was probably right. Vulcans don't plan things without reason, which would be illogical right? You gave her an agreeing smile and then followed your friends down to the front hall.

Your mother fawned over the dresses that you and your friends wore. She cooed and demanded pictures before you all left for your 'Enchanted night' as she had put it. After a few pictures were taken, both of your parents gave you a hug and then wished you and your friends to have a safe and fun night. That wasn't said of course without a clear statement of 'Don't get pregnant' and 'If you end up drunk call us'. Both things you did not plan to do tonight, but knowing some of the guys at your school the alcohol might not be an option. They spiked the punch last year with Whiskey and it tasted horrible.

You and your friends pulled up in the school parking lot

You and your friends pulled up in the school parking lot. The outside of the gym looked beautiful as multi-colored twinkling lights lined the doors of the gym and a mock red-carpet was rolled along the sidewalk. The atmosphere made it look like a slice of Hollywood had come to your school. You knew that you would have to thank the prom committee later for that.

As you and the girls got out of the car Jim and Leonard came jogging up to you guys. Both boys looked pretty dapper, a sight that you never thought you would see on James T. Kirk. "Well don't cha look nice tonigh' Jimmy boy" Reba laughed as she walked over to Leonard. You chuckled at Jim's over dramatically shocked face.

"And why wouldn't I? Don't I always look this way?" Jim asked earning a deep throated chuckled from Leonard and a chorus a giggles from the other girls. Leonard gently held out his arm for Reba and Jim followed suit with Carol. "By the way Scotty's a bit nervous and what not so he's already inside waiting on you Uhura. I think I saw someone looking for you inside to (Y/N)... a mister tall, dark and handsome I think" Jim chuckled giving you a sly look. You blushed and nodded a little.