Chapter 1

Okay, we managed to write this chapter on our phones after looking at an age old drabble of ours, and tried to make it as much like the original chapter as possible. We just felt like this was needed since you've all probably been waiting for a long while. So here comes the chapter. It starts with Zayn and Louis for the first couple of chapters (maybe 5 or 6 the others come in) but I promise it will be worth the wait. 

Now, have a good read and we hope you'll enjoy! :)

ONE MONTH EARLIER

  The house was as quiet as ever, no sounds except for the boy’s soft snores. The sharp intake and soft outtake.

  While the other lay in his bed, sleeping, Louis stood in the kitchen, attempting to make eggs and bread. It was a simple recipe. Cut a hole in the middle of the bread, put it on a heated pan, break the egg on top of the bread trying to get as much of it in the hole of the bread as possible, and fry it. It didn’t work. Well, not at the first attempt, at least. But after a couple of tries he got it.

  He wasn’t the one cooking normally. Neither of them usually cooked. They didn’t have the skills nor patience for it. But it was a Saturday after all, and Saturdays meant Louis and Zayn days, and that meant that they’d be spending all day inside the house, watching movies together and acting all cuddly. Louis wanted that day to start out well.

  He was putting the bread-eggs on a trey, pouring a nice amount of orange juice in two glasses, and about to take it up to the sleeping boy when he came face to face with a smirking Zayn. Again. This always happened. Each time Louis tried to make a special breakfast in bed for Zayn the other always seemed to wake up just towards the end when he was getting hopeful and proud of himself.

  “Was it the smell again?” Louis asked with a pout, crossing his arms childishly at himself for failing once again.

  “Both that and the sound of you dropping the juice flask.” the other said with a warm smile. He, other than Louis, thought that his mess-ups were adorable and made the breakfast so much more enjoyable.

  “I really should join the circus.” Louis muttered to himself, letting Zayn give him a small peck to thank him, before the tray was moved down on the floor in front of the TV, both of them sitting on the mattress placed behind it.

  Their house was rather small. Maybe that’s because it wasn’t really their house, just some apartment they had rented in LA because they were tired of the same English surroundings and those god damn accents. They just didn’t have the time for that. So they decided to rent this small apartment for three months max before they’d go someplace else, hopefully bigger.

  This was a studio. It was just one small room and then a bathroom. In the right corner of it there was a mattress lying on the floor, covered with a pretty cool Adventure Time duvet, and that was where they spent their nights lying, often talking, or doing other things. Then, across their bed, there was a TV turned so they could watch it in the evenings before going to sleep or the mornings when they just woke up. In the further left corner of that small apartment there was a tiny kitchen connected which barely had anything other than one pan, a six-pack, two pairs of a fork and a knife, and nothing more. Well, it used to have eggs, but they were destroyed a couple minutes ago.

  Apart from that, there was nothing really. Except one table in case they decided they wanted to eat. And, well, of course they had balconies. Zayn always needed his smoke after a lovely night of sex. It was just one of his after pleasure things. Louis honestly thought that those were the best moments. Watching Zayn in nothing but his boxers standing out there, looking into the sky while smoke cascaded out of his mouth with gracious moves. And it was even better when Louis was able to walk out with him, lean his head on the boys shoulder, and just stand there and do nothing. Those were his favorite moments.