Chapter One

Third Person's POV:

School had ended mere minutes ago and a certain lazy, ponytail-wearing boy was taking his merry time getting home from the academy. And by that, I mean lazily making his way home. Of course, that is to be expected from him, the boy who did nothing but sleep or watch clouds and complain about how troublesome everything is.

For one thing, he lived quite a far way away from the academy so he saw no reason to rush. He no reason to rush anything but again, that was just him. He would be home late like he always was and his father never minded. Well, he'd get scolded by his mother and as troublesome as it was, he didn't care.

So with all the time he had, he decided to venture into the grassy field near the school. It couldn't hurt, right? Famous last words, that he knew but it was "too much of a drag" for him to care.

The grass was a luscious green like at the deer ranch his family owned. He could easily imagine all the deer galloping around before him and smiled lightly at the thought.

The wind suddenly picked up causing his ponytail to sway as a result. But then something pink flew in front of his line of vision. Then it was followed by another, and another, and another. Until finally after a few eye narrowing glances, he figured out what they were.

Pink petals from a cherry tree or Sakura as it is known.

The wind carried the trail of petals through the air without a care in the world. Curious as to where it came from, he walked in the direction from once they came.

He walked for ten minutes or so and was not disappointed in his search. Upon arriving at a tall hill, he gazed up to see the elegant tree the petals once resided in.

It was a beautiful sight to behold, the blossoms of the tree were in full bloom as its branches swayed against the gentle wind. The petals falling softly all around until the wind carries it away on a breeze.

He climbed to the top and stared thoughtfully at the tree.

He learned to appreciate the small things life had to offer, the beauty of simple things that many take for granted. It was a trait that he had inherited from his father, who he had come to learn was very wise.

"That's a beautiful tree..." He thought.

Then a new sound emerged which causes him to break away from his gaze. He turned towards it and he then realized that he was not alone on top of that hill.

It was the sound of a whimper, a female one if he was correct. One full of sadness and despair. It was pitiful to listen to and in his heart, it ached to hear such sorrowful sound fall upon his ears.

Slowly, the Nara boy made his way to the other side of the cherry blossom tree despite his thoughts on how troublesome this whole thing was going to be. And there, with her back against the trunk of the elegant tree, he saw a girl scrunched up into a ball. Hugging her legs and burying her face in her knees.

And her hair, at first he could not see it until his keen eyes saw past the petals and realized that her hair matched that of the blossoms in color. It left him stunned.

Never before had he seen someone with pink hair in his entries life, despite the fact that it was all of six years and a few months. Pink hair? It was unfathomable, the idea was entirely ludicrous yet here she was. His thoughts were interrupted yet again by another muffled whimper. It coming from pinkette before him. It didn't take him long to figure out she was crying.

Why? He did not know...

Yet.

For reasons unknown to him, he felt compelled to help the girl and he felt hurt to see her like this. Why? How should he know? But now was not the time to dwell on such a trivial question. He approached the girl cautiously, not wanting to frighten her he announced himself in a soft tone.