4# Almost

2/23/19: ya'll this fic was made years back so it's pretty awful, apologizes for errors and such.

_________________
When it happened, Tsuna had stared at the ground the whole time. She had nodded her head, she had listened and understood. She agreed and promised, promising to do what he said.

She agreed to keep pretending.

("Tsuna." Iemitsu said sternly, "What have I told you about not putting in your hair dye?" Tsuna looked at the ground.

"Not to.." She licked her suddenly chapped lips, "Not to stop putting it in."

Iemitsu continued to eye her, Nana stood behind him, Tsuna guessed that she was the one who told him. "And what did you do?"

"I-I stopped putting it in.." Tsuna could feel Reborns dark eyes drilling into her, expecting her to do something, to stand up for herself, to fight back. "I...I'm sorry."

Iemitsu ignored her, continuing on what he was saying, apparently he didn't sense Reborn in the room. "Whats the number one rule Tsuna? Apparently I have to remind you."

Tsunas heart raced, she hated this. "Rule number one is to always follow rules one through ten."

Nana grinned in a warm way, it didn't make the younger brunette feel any better, "And what are those rules Tsu-chan?"

"Rule number ten, never forget to put the contacts i-in.." She really didn't want to do this.

Iemitsu watched her carefully, eyes watching her like a hawk, "And?"

"Rule number nine, never mention birds." Tsuna paused to look around, "And bugs."

From the corner of her eye, Tsuna could see Reborn sorta glaring at her, "Rule number eight, never forget to put hair dye in."

"R-Rule..Rule number.." The brunette gulped, "Rule number seven, never let someone take your blood."

Tsuna felt her eyes tearing up, she forced herself to continue, "Rule n-number six, a-act...Act happy.." She felt herself glancing up to look at Reborn, then forcing herself to look back down quickly. She didn't want to give away her only support.

"Rule number f-fiv-"

"Speak up." Iemitsu hissed out.

"Rule number five, " Tsuna tried to keep her voice steady, "Never ask about my hair, or my eyes."

She avoided eye contact, "Rule..Rule number four, never question anything, we are a happy family."

"Rule number three...Act like Na-Mama, not like yourself." Tsuna tried to cover up her mistake.

"What did you just say?" Nanas voice was shrill, it scared Tsuna.

"I-I..." Tsuna forced herself to look up and lock eyes with Nana, "I slipped on a word, I'm sorry mama."

Nana eyed her for a second before smiling, "Its alright Tsu-chan!"

Mentally huffing in relief, Tsuna continued. She knew if she didn't, Iemitsu would do something bad, something she wouldn't like. Something that would take away her little sliver of freedom she had left.

"Rule number two.." Tsuna raised her head and locked eyes with her father, "Never mention anything to anyone."

Nana started clapping, "Yay! Good job Tsu-chan! You remember everything!"

Tsuna forced a grin and as was engulfed into a hug.

And for some reason, it didn't feel warm.)

After that Tsuna tried to avoid Reborn, she didn't want to face his disappointing glares and pitying looks.

But at some point she had to speak with him.

("Tsuna, we need to talk."

Tsuna nearly jumped out of her skin, she whipped around and glared at the infant, "Don't scare me like that!"

He ignored her, "Come on.")

And they talked, and talked. Tsuna almost broke down sobbing when Reborn said he would do something. She didn't know what he was planning but she wanted to be free, even for a little while, she just wanted at least a taste of that so called freedom.

She had never been so grateful in her life.

("Almost Tsuna," Reborn whispered in her ear one night before she went to sleep, "Almost there Tsuna."

Tsuna slept well that night.)

XxX

So, I updated.

Just a question, who do you guys ship this Tsuna with so far? I know I haven't mentioned a lot of characters at the moment, thats because they don't really know and its not very important.

Well, tell me what you think in the comments below! Thanks for reading like always, see you next time!

- Meopize <3