5# Past

2/23/19: ya'll this fic was made years back so it's pretty awful, apologizes for errors and such.

_________________
"Aww she's adorable! Kora!"

"Shut up!"

"Hehe~ Are you blushi-"

SMACK

"Just because I just gave birth, doesn't mean I'm weak!"

Colonello laughed nervously as he rubbed his bruised head. He'd always thought the woman in front of him packed quite a punch.

"Soooooooo..." Colonello dragged on, "What's our little girls name? Kora."

Lal looked down at the bundle in her arms then looked up to glare at the man up above, "You don't even know the name of your own daughter?"

Colonello blushed in embarrassment and looked away, "You never told me, kora."

"Tsunayoshi," Lal commented as she looked down at the child, her blue eyes looked back up, a hint of curiosity in her eyes. "Her name is Tsunayoshi."

"Isn't that a guys nam-"

SMACK

"SHUT UP!"

"I'm sorry, kora!"

Lal huffed and glared at him, "You better be."

Colonello looked at Tsuna for a few minutes, welcoming the sudden joy he felt coming at him in waves.

Realization hit him, like thunder striking the ground he went rigid. "Lal."

Lal also frozen at his tone. Tsuna had fallen asleep, so they were free to talk.

They were in a building, an old building that used to be owned by Lals grandmother, Lal had chooses this place because it reminded her of home. Her and Colonello were by themselves, no one knew what was going on.

"Lal." The blond was looking at her straight in the eyes, "What are we going to do?"

For once, Lal didn't know. The checker faced man only promised them a limited amount of time for this. He said they wouldn't get to stay like this forever.

'The only reason I'm letting this happen,' He had paused, 'Is because the world needs this balence.'

Neither Lal nor Colonello knew what he had meant, but they both had taken it into stride. Glad at the chance to finally- finally - have the family that they both had wanted.

But it ended so soon.

Both mafiso had taken a vacation, since neither of them had used their vacation days for years, they had enough to last the time limit they had been given. Iemitsu had complained and whined, wondering why they both had to be gone.

They ignored him.

Both Colonello and Lal ignored everyone. They didn't answer anyone while on their vacation. Lal didn't want anyone to know that they would be getting their adult bodies back temporarily, if word spread, all the Arcobaleno would come running.

"I don't know.." Lal was tough, but at this moment, she couldn't stop the tears from gathering, "I don't know 'nello."

Colonello panicked, "H-Hey! I'm sure we'll figure it out! Kora!"

Lal smiled and little and then...

...She started laughing.

Both didn't know if it was out of frustration or sadness, but neither said a word about it.

Lal gulped and looked up into Colonellos blue - so blue - eyes, "I...I don't want to leave her.."

Colonello sighed and bent down to place a kiss on the others forehead. For once she didn't call him out on it. She just soaked up all she could.

"We'll figure out a way.." Colonellos eyes shined, glistening with his unshed tears, "I promise."

XxX

The day came almost a year later. Both Lal and Colonello tried to spend as much time with Tsuna as they could, and both loved her.

Her smile, her words, her everything. Both didn't want to give it up. But....

"The time has come." Those words were something they never wanted to hear. They wanted to continue to be a family, to love and play together.

"No..." Lal hugged Tsuna, "Please...Just a little longer.."

The checker faced man sighed, "I'm sorry. But I'm afraid the balance of the world still needs the rain Arcobalenos."

Tsuna started babbling, having no idea on what was going to happen. "Na na na na."

Colonello laughed sadly as he took his daughter from Lal, "Oh Tsuna.."

Tsuna laughed and kissed his nose, her blue eyes shinning in happiness. Because that's all she's ever known.

"We can...We can still take care of her!" Lal commented, her eyes growing desperate. "Even if we are children ourselves we can stil-"

"No." Lal turned, "No, you can't. I'm afraid she has her own destiny."

The blinds grip on Tsuna tightened, "Away from her family?"

The checker faced man dipped his head, "With another family."

Rage.

XxX

"Please understand," He tilted his head as he held the crying child closer, "She has a greater destiny that affects this world itself. Do not interfere."

Lal held her bleeding arm, her guns feet away from her, "At least...At least tell us who the family is."

Colonello was laying on the ground, inches away from Lal, both his legs had been broken.

"Sawada Iemitsu and Sawada Nana." His voice wrapped around their throats like a snake, "Apparently their child died when it was born. Such a shame, really. Hopefully your child can be a little...Substitute."

And with that, his disappeared, the crying echoes of a child still bounced off the walls.

A flash of light went, as soon as it came it disappeared.

Two infants stood there.

And they cried.

XxX

"Nana~! Look what I found!"

XxX