Rumors

''I just wanna be me,

I don't understand why...''

________________________________________________________________________________

''You know not to sound weird or anything, but... You're one of the most good looking guys of the school here, aside from me of course... Yet you're still single on your senior year of high school?'' Duke said to Yami who was yawning the next morning, seeing him turn to him with a raised expression at what he said confusing him at the sudden statement, ''Huh?''. ''The pretty boy isn't wrong.'' Both of the alter egos from the day before said following behind them as the rest of the group walked ahead of them making their way to school, ''You're always rejecting somebody.'' Marik said annoying Yami who scowled, ''I'm not interested in anybody.'', ''And that is why people think you're gay.'' Bakura said stinging Yami at the implied rumor. ''Look just because the guy rejects every girl that asks him out, doesn't mean he likes guys.'' Duke said in Yami's defense, with the spiky haired male making a face and speaking up for himself, ''You two really seem to be into believing silly little rumors.'' He said with Yugi turning back to see his twin being harassed by the usual group. ''Don't get so defensive Pharaoh~'' Marik teased annoying Yami more who made a face annoyed, ''You two really are the worst.'' Duke said just as annoyed as Yami, ''Speaking of rumors...'' Bakura started getting serious getting the attention of the group ahead of them, ''You guys might wanna hear this too.'' He added making the group back up to them.

''You know Yami is right about you being too into rumors.'' Tea said tiredly, ''This isn't about Yami, this is actually about someone just as bad as him... Seto Kaiba.'' He said surprising the group since there wasn't much rumors of the serious brunette, ''As great as that sounds, I'll pass.'' Yugi said with a nervous laugh screaming when Bakura's alter ego put his arms around him grinning. ''Word is that the rich boy has the hots for somebody, but they don't know who~'' He said taking Duke back to what he had seen the day before with Kaiba during PE with Yami Yugi, with Yami making a sound in annoyance walking ahead of the group, ''That's it-?!'' The spiky haired alter ego started but stopped when he was suddenly splashed with water from a nearby puddle seeing a familiar car speed by him. ''I was literally a few feet away from the school...'' Yami mumbled in anger and annoyance when seeing the mentioned brunette get out of the car and look over to him with an unbothered expression, ''Just let it go...'' He said with Yugi catching up to his twin, ''Today's not his day...'' The group said feeling bad for their friend who walked off with the other who was trying to console him. ''On the brightside, today is Friday... Grandpa does have a few new games for us to see today.'' Yugi said to his twin who was drying off his tri-colored hair in the bathroom heaving a heavy sigh, taking off his soaked and dirty sweater after leaving him with the white collar shirt, ''Yugi... What do they say about me?'' He asked turning to his smaller twin who got nervous smiling at him.

''Well... You do reject the girls a lot... And... Just like Bakura said... People think...You're...Well... Gay...'' He said seeing the other sigh tiredly, ''Rumors, Rumors, Rumors... That's all this school is.'', ''Don't forget Seto Kaiba, I've heard little things about him liking someone, but that seems impossible with someone like him.'' Yugi said finally hearing Yami laugh and smile at him, ''You're right on that, Yugi.''. ''Seto Kaiba, pay attention to the lesson!'' Their math teacher said scolding the brunette as usual not surprising Yami who just continued taking notes for the class, looking up when he was called to answering the math question glancing back down to his notes with his usual expression, never noticing Kaiba glance over to him with his icy blue eyes. ''You wanna eat lunch with us?'' Both alter egos asked Yami after class once the bell rang for lunch, seeing the serious alter ego look at them suspiciously with his amethyst eyes, ''Look we're asses we know, but that doesn't stop us from being your friend.'' Marik said making Yami look at them for a long quiet moment  with his sharp amethyst eyes, ''As long as you two know that, we can continue this conversation.'' He said simply. "Look about earlier-", "You two can't help it, I understand." Yami said as he usually did calmly back to his old self to the other alter egos, "I'm not surprised either that a nasty little rumor like that has started about me, It's amusing really." He said with Duke and the others joining them, as Kaiba passed by in silence glancing over to the smiling tri-colored alter ego, rolling his cold blue eyes.

''I'll meet you guys later, I need to grab something from my locker before the bell rings.'' Yami said a few minutes before the bell rang to let them know to head for their last classes of the day, leaving the group heading to his locker that was located at the end of the surprisingly quiet hall, ''Usually there's a couple here all over each other on the stairs, or just people being laughing here.'' Yami said to himself rather surprised at the silence. ''History... Then PE... After that freedom...'' The amethyst eyed male thought as he opened his locker grabbing the history book putting it into his back pack, pausing thinking about what the alter egos said earlier about his rival, ''Wherever did they get such a rumor from?'' He said thinking about what they said about him making a face, ''Wherever did they get such a rumor about me?...''. ''Still thinking about what those knuckleheads said to you in the morning?'' Joey's voice said making Yami turn to see the blond next to him leaned back against the lockers smiling at him, ''Kind of, not really it was just a thought.'' Yami answered back with a laugh closing his locker feeling a pat on the head from the tall blond suddenly surprising him since Joey usually  tapped his shoulder most of the time. ''Don't let it bother you, they're just stupid rumors.'' Joey reassured seeing his friend brush things off as he usually did with his usual smile, ''Here, you can give it back to me later.'' The blond said suddenly taking off his uniform jacket putting it on the smaller males shoulders, who looked at him surprised, ''Joey, it's fine.'', ''Just keep it till later, besides it goes with your 'dog' collar.'' Joey teased making Yami blush but stick his tongue out in response.

''Always one to make jokes about my collar, huh?'' He said back with the bell ringing that moment with Joey looking to his friend, ''See you at PE, today's a free day so be ready to play a fair game of basketball, Pharaoh~'' Joey said as he left his friend making Yami smile as he put the jacket that was a bit big on him on, turning around before bumping into somebody making his fall back on the floor. ''Ow...My ass...'' The tri-colored male complained massaging himself looking up to see the cold brunette looking down at him with his icy cold blue eyes, making Yami roll his amethyst eyes as he got up brushing off the brunette who just blocked his way again, making Yami sigh, ''Oh boy... You really have it out for me today don't you, Kaiba?...'' He mumbled looking up to the brunette angrily. ''Look, I don't have time for your shi-'', ''You know you shouldn't wear that, you don't know if the mutt has any fleas.'' Kaiba cut off with Yami knowing well he was talking about Joey, ''What do you have against Joey?'' Yami asked surprised to see Kaiba look bothered, leaned a bit too close to his face making him back up a bit. ''I have a lot against the mutt.'' Kaiba said simply walking off confusing Yami looking over to see Kaiba blend in the crowd that had walked by, but brushed off his odd behavior as his usual attempts to bully him walking off to his class in which the cold brunette was in as well, with Duke who had noticed everything sighing heavily, ''Oh boy... I didn't think Yami was THIS dense.'' He sighed since Kaiba's new behavior confirmed his hunch once and for all.

______________________________________________________________________________

An update after how long???

I don't even know, I lost track... 

Anyways, hope it's not too boring. 

I'll start working on my other Prideshipping ones soon I promise.