<< 36 >>

•Shayne•

I stood in my best suit as Courtney and Olivia stood noticeably sweaty and worn out beside me.

As the judge began to scan through the lump of papers they handed him, I turned to the girls.

"Are you two okay?" I asked quietly.
Courtney gave me a look that read 'dude, I'm dead' as she usually did and Olivia just smiled wearily, trying to be brave.

The judge loudly cleared his throat, drawing all of our attention.

"Where's his leaving permit, ladies?" He sighed.
Olivia's face dropped, as did everyone else's in canon.

"Your major!" Keith called.

"It's your honour, Keith." Olivia muttered back.

"Potato poTAto" Keith added, causing everyone to smirk.

He reached over to Olivia's case, grabbing the few papers that were in it and passing them forward, scanning through the judge smiled.

"Since you have all the legal requirements necessary for me to permit such an act. Shayne, you're sent out on two year probation coming Wednesday.. you'll be a free man." He smiled.
"Well, kinda. But still- guards! This meeting is adjourned" the judge called.
I was escorted out into the hall, followed by the judge.

"Congratulates Shayne. How you managed such an offer beats me.. but for the next two years you're out of jail."

"Thank you, your honour." I smiled.

"Please, call me Davis!" The judge smiled.
"You will have your requirements explained to you as you pack your things, tomorrow you can walk out and not have to turn back."

"Aside from.." I sighed.
Davis rested his arm on my shoulder.

"You'll do fine."

And with that I was escorted into the back of a police car and back to jail.