How to Save a Life

2 months earlier...

Reyna Norris was known for always knowing what to do. She was confident, poised and elegant, floating around the Ambulance as her and her team tried to restore life to the girl who had just been run over.

She didn't know the patients name, story, or even the details behind the accident. Useless questions such as those wasted precious seconds, and as all doctors knew, those seconds could sometimes be the difference between life, or death. This particular patient was in especially critical condition, because the team suspected that her cracked ribs may have punctured her lungs or another critical internal organ, thus causing her pulse to speed up dramatically as her body tried to resolve the internal bleeding.

Reyna and her team didn't even have time to check on the girl's mangled legs or arm because those injuries, regardless of how painful they were, were not life threatening. Calling ahead to the hospital to have them prepare an X-ray for when the patient arrived, Reyna's face set in grim determination, as she finally joined her team, and started to work on bringing the patient back from the brink.

Sorry guys, I know these last parts have been short but please bear with me! I've got a few nice long chapters coming up. Please let me know what you think about the story so far!