Part Twenty-four: Time Never Heals a Wound.

Zayn's POV:

she stood there, playing with her fingers and avoiding to look into our eyes, specially Harry's. she's thinking about another lie I can tell, but Harry's patience had come to an end.

"so? you're not gonna tell me who it was?" Harry asked her again.

"I told you, she's my friend, she's just asking abou.." she repeated her answer but Harry cut her off.

"you've already told me this shit.. I'm asking about the man you were talking about. what are you hiding from me? what you don't want us to hear?"

"Harry, there's nothing I'm hiding.." she mumbled, getting back to making the breakfast and turning her back on us.

"Don't act dumb to me Lauren!  who's the man who's looking for you? is it your boyfriend?" Harry's voice become higher.

"NO..." Lauren shouted still giving her back to us.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU.." Harry shouted higher and Lauren finally turned

"SO TELL ME WHO IS HE? IS IT YOUR BOYFRIEND? OR SOME GUY YOU'VE FUCKED IN CALIFORNIA?" Harry shouted again and we all looked at him in shock.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Lauren jaw dropped.

"you know exactly what I'm talking about. Look at me Lauren, I'm not gonna stand here watching you destroying my career that I've worked so hard to build. you don't know how much I suffered to make all of this." Harry said and Lauren rolled her eyes.

"suffered? you know nothing about suffering.." she laughed sarcastically

"excuse me? YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KNOWS NOTHING. I'VE WORKED HARD TO BUILD ALL OF THIS. WHILE YOU WERE IN CALIFORNIA PLAYING AND HAVING FUN WITH YOUR FRIENDS, I WAS HERE BUILDING MY CAREER. I WON'T LET YOU TAKE THAT EASILY FROM ME." Harry's face turned red from anger. Lauren stood there with teary eyes, staring at him in shock.

"you think I was having fun in California?" her question came out as a whisper.

"it's obvious! you had a family! you had a mother and father who loved you so much, even though your mother died but you still have your father! my father died and my mother worked all the time, she didn't care about me, I had to grow up with babysitters. and you're the one who complains?" Harry said angrily, Lauren stood there not saying a word, just listening to him, her eyes full of tears

"Harry..." I tried to cut him off but I failed

"..and why you're hiding your past from me? why you're not telling me the full truth? are you ashamed from what you've done? why you ran away? if you had a work and a good life in California why you came to London?... you want money? you came after my money? if that's it don't worry, I'll give you as much as you want, just leave me alone..and don't ruin my reputation.. how much you need?"

Lauren looked at the ground and smiled, then her smile turned into laughing, she laughed so hard and all of us looked at her in surprise

"did I say something funny?" Harry asked angrily and that made her laugh even more, she laughed and laughed but suddenly she stopped and looked at Harry

"money... you think it's all about money.." she let out a small laugh before all of this tuned into tears,  "you want to know why I ran away? you want to know from what I'm hiding? you want to know why I'm ashamed from my past? you want to know why I'm not telling the truth?...." Lauren stopped then started opening the zipper of her Jacket.

"THIS IS WHY..." she shouted at the top of her lungs as she showed us her right arm,  all of eyes widened, it was full of scars..

"AND THIS IS WHY.." she shouted again showing us her left arm, which was just like the right one, but there was a deep wrist cut on it

"AND THIS.. AND THIS.. AND THIS..' she started pointing to her stomach and her legs and everywhere, tears started streaming down her face, her sobs and shaky breaths coming aloud,

"THIS IS HOW MY FATHER SHOWED ME HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME.. BY BEATING ME ALL THE TIME.. BY CALLING ME A BITCH AND SLUT.. BUT SPITING ON MY FACE AND KICKING ME DOWN TO THE FLOOR UNTIL I FEEL UNCONSCIOUS.. BY CUTTING ALL THE VISIBLE PARTS OF MY BODY UNTIL I FEEL DIZZY.. THIS IS WHAT I USED TO DO IN CALIFORNIA.. THIS IS THE PERFECT LIFE THAT I'VE LIVED..THIS IS THE PERFECT LIFE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?" Lauren's voice was breaking at the end, her tears falling so hard causing her whole body to shake

"you know what? I came here because I thought you are different..." she laughed sarcastically, then looked back at Harry, she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out but a sob, she looked back at the ground then headed to the front door.

"Lauren.." Harry called her, his voice muffled with tears. but she ignored him, she opened the door and ran to the woods..

Harry headed to the front door to follow her but I grabbed his arm, "I'll go and see her..." I said before heading to the front door and walking to the woods, I know exactly where I'll find her..

I walked to my secret place and found her sitting down the tree and sobbing to her hands, she heard my footsteps and turned around to see me, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" she shouted at me but I didn't stop walking, I walked until I reached the tree and sat next to her.

"well, I think I'm the one who should ask you this, because this is my place.." I grinned and she rolled her  eyes

"NO IT'S NOT! I DON'T SEE YOUR NAME ON IT!

"actually.. it's right here..." I showed her my initials that I carved on the tree when I first came here.

"ARGHHHH..." she got up and was about to leave when I grabbed her and hugged her tightly, she buried her face on my chest and started sobbing so hard, he whole body shaking with every deep sob coming from deep of her

"I hate him.. I hate Harry so much.. I hate myself..I hate.."

"shhh... don't say that." I tightened my arms around her as I stroked her head, I was about to cry too, the way she cried broke my heart, it reminded me of someone else, someone who suffered from the same thing, I knew from the first moment I saw Lauren that there's something behind her, and I was 99% sure that this is the thing, because she was just like her, the way she smiles even though she's crying inside, the way she laugh to hide the pain that she feels, the way she jumps slightly when somebody touch her, everything about Lauren reminded me of her..

Lauren broke the hug and I kissed her forehead then whipped her tears with my palms, she looked at me with those perfect green eyes of her, and I couldn't help but to feel weak in front of her, how perfect is she!

"you've known that before, didn't you?" she asked and I smiled and nodded

"let's say I had a clue.." I said and she raised an eyebrow

"but..how? I mean.. "

"because you reminded me of someone.." I cut her off "she was just like you.." I smiled at the memory

"who?"

"her name was Emily..."

A/N: Ok everybody I'm so sorry I'm late but I was watching the Matches! Barcelona woooooon yesterday and Bayren Munich won today and I'm soooo happy :D

Anyway this is chapter 24, hope you all like it! my university starts after 1 hour and I didn't sleep to write you this part xP so I hope you like it! tell me what you think <3