Maps and stuff... and stuff...

To start off

To start off... yeah, the coloring is not so grand. And neither is the continental map close to as complicated as I wanted. (I'm no artist) It is just a basic overview of how I see the continent and how MAJOR geographical features could influence the war going on. I also meant to make it a bit bigger, but for all intents and purposes, it's fine. And don't take the scale of miles shown to heart... it's just a little leg to stand on and distances of that magnitude will not be affecting the story too much. Let us start with an overview of the geography...

There will be hills and things everywhere. There will be streams and rivers and lakes all around the continent. I just named the major, major points like a more mountainous area - and yes, mountains have trees, but I had to distinguish between the elevation changes with different colors. Next, let us go on about the countries...

Alysia = America. Not specifically how its geography is arranged in any particular order or anything... but the many, many different biomes it encompasses and how there are many, many different types of people that all call themselves 'Alysians'. It has marshes, it has mountains, it has rivers great and small. Alysia has all the things that make America a jewel, America is so large compared to many countries that it having so many biomes is seen as alien as Mars to some Europeans. And its people are set up in a 'city state' scheme. Way back when in history, if a person was powerful enough to own a city or something like that, then he owned pretty much all the land within a few days walking distance. The city states around would squabble much, but no real conquest would transpire over a long while. But one guy, bigger than the rest, gets the steam roller going and creates a 'country' with 'counties'. Flash forward thousands of years more, and you don't just lose places that were once populated. So, its towns and things have distance, but are not too far away. The big 'lake' you see near the capital, is pretty much Wisconsin - land of 10,000 lakes... and then some. The Thay river, which I will get to, joins the Esmel River that runs to the north. The Anauroch River runs south by Elothia.

Elothia = Brazil. Elothia has many dormant volcanoes overtaken by dense jungle. It also has many islands to the east in a sort of Hawaii type deal. Its rivers mainly run between and around the ancient and decaying volcanoes, thus making it a land of elevational extremes. Thus, flight is nigh essential to get from one place to the next. But unlike Alysia's city state scheme, it had villages and cities walking distance from each other... because way back when, it was needed. A curving mountain range in the southern part of the Alysian-Elothian border has mountains that block Elothia from a major river, and thus a fertile delta. Elothia in the long run doesn't care much, its soil is nutrient rich volcanic... stuff. You get the jist.

Frand - FUCKING FRANCE. I hate to stay on this 'this is like this country' scheme, but that is that. It is most like France in its people, but we will get to that. Frand has, rather than forest per se, it has hills that around every bend splits between wood, or grassland. Think of it as a miniaturized France with less of a mountain range in the middle of it.

Zygog - If any of you have played the Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion, it's pretty much Toussaint. And of those that have read the book series, I believe that the books do it more justice to what I believe Zygog is like. It's too bad the TV show didn't do much on it... In, pretty much all of the west, is very hilly to mountainous. The lake you see near Zygog's capital is literally just a massive lake. It has some islands here and there, but that's pretty much it. The Thay river, one of the largest on the continent, runs in with the river system running north of Alysia and out of Frand. Frand itself has been trying to capture all of the land between its border and the Thay river, but Alysia has been adamant and steadfast in holding the fertile bit of land.

Kolden - Like... the Himalayans... or Scotland... maybe a mix of the two in geographical standards. I would say that its people have adopted the city state idea head on. Its politics are built like Greece's was way back before it became shit... and more shit than that. It had a ruling head who is only there as a voice of reason. A head guy to hear all the going ons and make sure everyone else in Kolden hears. But, like Greece before it was shitter than shitty shit, if rallied together, Kolden is hardier than Frand. Its cities and towns are so far from each other because of the elevation differences, that when one city state is conversing with another, it is always serious.

Sympha - Desert nation. The mountain range that pops up between Alysia and Sympha is set SOMEWHAT like a 'V' shaped knife sharpener. Oh, pro tip: never 'sharpen' your blade, use a Steel - it's the stick things you see chefs using. But, back to it. Somewhat in the middle of the mountain range, a river that starts in southern Kolden flows down as splits in two, it is called the Dragonmere. One split goes through the desert, which is not as devoid of life as you would think, and flows by the capital - it is called the Akanamere. That river delta is the bread basket and one of the life savers of Sympha's economy. The other life saver is the other split in the river. It flows along with the mountains as they too go down in elevation. The river and mountains end abruptly as they hit the ocean, creating a staggeringly large delta filled with a shit ton of minerals. This delta is split between Alysia and Sympha, but thankfully to the Symphans, massive deposits of marble are found on the desert nations side. Framed by mountains on two sides, and ocean on the other two, this Chilean like country strives on.

I would like to go over around the area where the prize match between Rydo and Roku took place. It was in/on/at a mountain specified as being bigger and badder than all the rest. It's that darker brown spot somewhat east of the Eternal City. And the city dots are not to scale, though I will be having Zygog's capital more sprawled out in its 'wonderland' of a country... it isn't that proportionally large. And that whited out land mass to the south is the continent 'across the Whispering Sea'. Yeah, it's supposed to be larger than the continent that the story takes place on, but I think of it like Florida. Flat, highest elevation is like... 100 feet, and lots and lots of islands. It's kind of a broken up continent thing like Akavir is... but don't fret Symphonics ((hahahahaha))... We will not be dealing much with them...