How to Format Excel Cells from Numbers to Phone Number Format

Many document developers (especially business owners) find themselves in circumstances where large amounts of simple, tedious work must be performed. This covers a wide range of possible problems but one of the most prevalent is the need to refine an Excel spreadsheet for special formatting. This is particularly common when huge spreadsheets of information need to be appropriately altered. It is also common for students that need to alter lab reports or other Excel spreadsheets. While checking a spreadsheet for cell formatting a simple task, the repetition and monotony can quickly wear on an individual.

There is always the traditional method of Excel spreadsheet clean up. This involves opening the spreadsheet and combing through it. Then begin the process of reading through the spreadsheet and searching for how the phone numbers are entered. Then, the cells must be changed one at a time. This method is incredibly inefficient and a huge waste of your time.

Excel includes a built in 'Filter' option to allow for spreadsheet clean up. To use this feature, first select any cells you want to check for duplicate information. Then, select the 'Data' tab in the ribbon bar at the top of the Excel window. Click the 'Filter' option and then choose 'Advanced Filter'. Next, use the options available within the Advanced Filter box to specify finding any cells using a certain type of formatting. However, this just works to find phone numbers already in a known format. If the [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/excel_customize_change_numbers_into_phonenumbers_software/ format of the phone number] is unknown the filter will not be able to find it.

A massive productivity boost can be found through a simple stop at http://www.hothotsoftware.com/excel_customize_change_numbers_into_phonenumbers_software/. Simply searching for 'How to Change References of Multiple Excel Cells' yields a program specially written to meet your Excel file needs. The program is actually written to operate within the Excel spreadsheet program itself, also known as a plugin. This means that upon opening Microsoft Excel, you will see an extra tab in the ribbon bar across the top of the window. This new tab will say 'Phone Numbers Format'. This tab sports a classic user interface that enables even a basic computer user to understand and master the software in a short amount of time. From here, any number of cells within the spreadsheet can be chosen. Then, click the 'Phone Numbers Format' tab. This will bring up a box with six different options for phone number modifications in the cells. These alterations are all different accepted styles of displaying a phone number. The window also has a field where any special characters you want removed from the cells can be entered. Another field also exists in the window which lets you create your own custom phone number format. This is done by typing the phone number in its desired output form but using 'x's instead of numbers. Finally, click the 'Reformat to Phone #'s' button to launch the reformatting process.

To learn more about boosting your document productivity, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgVaP4sMUJ4. [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/excel_customize_change_numbers_into_phonenumbers_software/ Phone number format] can be quite crucial and they must be done correctly. Don't waste your time and stress about making a mistake. Let this software manage it for you and put your mind at rest.