Chapter 4

****One Year Later****

Summer's POV:

It's been one year since I met Rhett and Link, after being fired, I never spoke to them again. I even stopped watching GMM. I'm now in University and have a boyfriend named Andrew. Even though we're actually very happy together, I still find myself thinking about Link.

Link's POV:

It's been one year since I met Summer and we haven't spoken ever since she was fired. I managed to work things out with Christy and forgive her, everything is back to normal, but sometimes I still have Summer on my mind...

Summer's POV:

After class I got a text from Andrew, "hey babe, wanna meet me at the mall after class?" The text read. Andrew is 4 years older than me and is already 23, he's done University and is now an accountant. "Sure." I replied.

I drove to the mall and met up where Andrew told me he was. He was leaning on a wall. I came to him and kissed him on the lips "How was class?" He asked. "Good." I simply replied. He switched places with me so that now I was on the wall. He started kissing me very aggressively, I pushed him away. "What's wrong baby?" He asked. "I didn't like that Andrew." I frowned. He pushed me against the wall with his body, "you think I care?" He kept trying to kiss me. "Andrew stop!" I started yelling but there weren't many people in the area we were in. He kept kissing me and put his hand in my shirt "I said stop!" I tried pushing him away but he was a lot stronger than me. He slapped me "shut up, your causing a scene." I felt tears in my eyes he just slapped me... he kept trying to touch me, "please stop..." I whispered. He didn't listen. "GET THE F**CK OFF OF ME!" I screamed. "HEY!" We heard a man, "she said stop!" We heard another man. Andrew got off of me and turned around, my jaw dropped at who I saw, it was Rhett and Link. "Look guys, my girlfriend and I are none of your business." Andrew said firmly. "I think it is, no means no, if you continue it is sexual assault." Rhett said. I walked passed Andrew and gave both of them a hug. "You know these guys?" Andrew asked me. "Yeah, I do." I smiled at both of them I didn't think about what Rhett did, I was just happy they stopped Andrew. They were both on guard mode as if protecting me. How could I let Andrew do that?! I raged in my mind. I ran up to him and slapped him across the face "F**k you!" I said in his face. "C'mon let's go." Link said. I walked off with them.

After a few minutes of silence Link looked at me. "So you have a boyfriend now?" He asked awkwardly. "Not anymore I don't..." I said. He nodded. Rhett looked at me. "Are you ok? Did he hurt you?" He asked with genuine concern I was taken aback because how Rhett actually cared for me right now. "No i'm ok, he always tried to have sex with me, but he never hit me like that..." I said. I saw Link's fist tighten and Rhett clench his jaw. "You shouldn't be with a boy like that. You need a man who will treat you right and with respect." Link spoke softly. I looked down at my shoes. I guess I was only with Andrew because I wanted a boyfriend... i didn't really care that he treated me like crap because I was so lonely and wanted someone. "I know..." was all I said. "Do you need a ride home?" Rhett asked. "Yes please..." I replied. "Oh and Summer?" Rhett spoke. "Yeah?" I asked. "Sorry for firing you... if you want, you can work for us again." He offered. I could see the guilt in his eyes. "Um... well I have class every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday but can I come in when I'm available?" I asked. "Sure." Rhett smiled and I saw a smile creep onto Link's face.

When I got home I heard my phone go off. It was a text from Andrew. "Summer I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me... I promise I'll change please, give me one more chance." He pleaded. I looked at the text and thought. Maybe he can change... he was so sweet when I first met him. I stared at my phone. I need time to think. I put my phone away and continued on with my day. The whole day I kept getting texts and calls from Andrew bagging me to forgive him. I tried to ignore it but I was getting fed up. I mean if he's this desperate for my forgiveness it must mean something right? I texted him "please stop spamming me." I got an instant respond. "Summer I'm so sorry! Please give me one last chance! I promise I'll be good to you." I stared at the text and sighed. "Fine. One more chance."