Chapter 14

Summer's POV:
I got out of Link's car, my legs were shaky I was slightly nervous, I'm not even sure why. I felt like I was meeting a boyfriend's parent for the first time, awaiting they're approval. I've seen Rhett so many times before but today I feel nervous. I think Link noticed because he took my hand in his "it'll be fine Summer, trust me." I silently nodded my head and we walked into the studio.

When we first walked in we saw some crew members talking and setting up. some of them looked at our hands but didn't make mention of anything, we said good morning to all of them and continued walking.

We got to Rhett and Link's office, Link knocked "come in." We heard Rhett say. As we walked in we saw Rhett sitting in a chair facing away from us and looking at some emails on his computer. He started spinning around in his chair to face us "ready to film?-" he stopped and looked at our hands then gave us a puzzled look. He opened his mouth but before he could say anything Link interrupted him.

"We're together now, Summer and I." There was a small moment of silence. "Link... don't you think it's a bit too soon? You just got a divorce, don't rush into things, you might be with her just because you're-" "Rhett!" Link interrupted his best friend again. "I'm with Summer because I love her! Not to make up for Christy!" Link frowned. Rhett frowned back "look man I'm just looking out for you... Both of you." Rhett said now looking at me. Link made his hands into fists then suddenly roughly kissed me rubbing his hands all over me and messing my hair a little, I pulled away to breath but when I opened my mouth to gasp he roughly put his tongue in my mouth, I was shocked. He pulled away and wiped his lips then looked a Rhett still frowning. Rhett had a look of shock on his face. There was another moment of silence. "Let's just go film." Rhett said standing up and walking out. I was still in shock from what Link suddenly did, I gave it thought... he did it to prove a point.

As we were filming there was a visible tension between Rhett and Link, maybe not visible to some fans but definitely to someone who knows them personally.

When we finished filming we packed up and were ready to go when Rhett stepped in front of us. "What?" Link asked rudely. Rhett looked at both of us, "Link you know I'm your best friend and will support you no matter what, including this... drive safely." He said then got out of our way. Link smiled then patted Rhett's shoulder "thanks man." Link and I started walking out, I looked at Link then hesitantly took his hand in mine, he confidently held mine. We got home than started driving off.

We were going to pick up Link's kids, the car ride was silent. I looked at Link and thought about what he did, he must've felt my stare "what?" He half chuckled. I didn't know what to say... "your a bold person huh?" I said. "Not really, only when I need to be." His eyes still on the rode. He took my hand in his again. "I'm sorry if you didn't like what I did." He apologized awkwardly. "I- it's ok..." I stuttered, there was a pause and I stupidly whispered "I kinda liked it..." my face instantly turned red and I regret saying it, Link smirked. Before we could say anything els we arrived at the kid's school.

The kids got in the car and we started driving away, we made small talk like "how was school?" "What did you do today." Average thinks like that until we got back to my apartment.

When we got back to my apartment and parked the car, they all started to get out of the car but I sat there in the car. I realized I haven't had any alone time in a really long time... I looked at Link who was holding the car door open for the kids. "Hey Link?" I called out, "yeah?" "I'm gonna go to the mall and shop, I want a little alone time, here's the key." I gave him the spare key to my apartment. He took the key from my hand "ok just remember to take your medication." I nodded my head and got out of the car, I walked over to the drivers side and was about to open the door when Link called out "wait!" He said then jogged to me. He placed a light kiss on my lips "I love you." He said. I couldn't help but smile, "I love you too you big dork." I punched his arm lightly. I got in the car and drove off.

When I got to the mall I walked around and bought some clothes. I looked at the time, I had been here for 2 hours, I think that's enough alone time and plus my arms were getting a little tired as I was carrying six bags 3 on each hand. Right when I thought that thought I heard a voice coming from behind me.

"Need a hand with those bags?" I turned around and saw Andrew.

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)