Our History Teachers are Really Creative with Names

Isabelle's POV

I was out of breath. I had been running for what felt like ages and my legs had already felt like jelly. However, I kept on pushing myself and ran alongside my group. Suddenly, an ear splitting roar coming from behind us pierced the humid air. We looked back and saw that it was catching up with us. We each nocked another arrow and released it towards the- uh- whatever that thing is. However, our arrows bounced off harmlessly against its thick armor-like fur. The arrows only succeeded in making it angrier. We have tried literally everything and nothing seems to be working at all.

"Guys, any idea will be great right now cause I'm stumped," Zoë yelled at us.

"I got nothing. Those exploding arrows were my last idea," Alexis yelled back.

Now, you might be wondering about who am I and what I'm doing running round being chased around by weird scary beasts. Trust me, its not by choice. Well, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Isabelle Seraphina.

The universe we live in is divided into thirteen dimensions, each guarded by a group of people called Gardes. These Gardes usually consist of the descendants of our 12 Elders. The Gardes are the special descendants who are born with special abilities, different for each person. Some Garde can have the same powers but this is not very common. One Garde from each team/ group is chosen to lead and is called a Regla. I am the Regla of Sephix, the seventh dimension.

Each Gardes in each dimension (except the thirteenth who doesn't have Gardes) is trained to be able to fight using various weapons including their bare hands and also to control and train their each individual powers. However, each dimension's Gardes usually specialize in one particular weapon. For example, my Gardes specializes in archery.

The thirteenth dimension is basically a prison hell for monsters and really bad criminals. It is sealed and protected by various magical barriers to keep both the monsters inside and the people out. However, occasionally, there would be a time when the monsters inside have gathered enough strength and the barriers weaken slightly to allow several monsters to break out and roam freely in the other dimensions. A Garde's duty is to protect its citizens from loose monsters and kill them which sends them back to the thirteenth dimension where they'll have some down time to reform and also to defeat the occasional crazy criminals who wants to destroy the world.

Now, let me tell you a story.

Many years ago, there was an evil bad lunatic enchantress that had a crazy ambition to conquer all 13 dimensions. In order to do so, she broke through the doors of the thirteenth dimension and recruited some monsters and some annoying bad lunatic criminals as her followers in order to make herself the "Grand Ruler" of the dimensions. Each follower was branded by a glowing red circular symbol. After creating a large enough army, she tried to attack and take down all the dimensions one at a time. Long story short, there was this huge war called The Big Huge War (yeah our history teachers are really creative with names) but, the Gardes had managed to subdue the Enchantress and destroy her army, restoring peace in our universe and so on and so forth. How does this have anything to do with the first story I was telling you? Well, you might want to know the rest of it.

A/N:
New story! Yay! Heheh. I'm trying a new genre, hope this goes well. Thankyou for reading, comment any suggestions and last, don't forget to vote! :)