Part 15 - Epilogue

They had been on the road for hours, they were half way across America by now. Neither had the need to sleep so they just kept on driving. With no specific place to go, they finally pulled up at a motel on the highway and booked in.

It was peaceful, quiet and it almost felt as if they were the only customers there- maybe they were. 'We did it. We actually did. We left.' Stefan muttered in disbelief, staring at the ceiling from their double bed. That was a funny look they got when they asked for one.

Even when they weren't brothers, that didn't mean that they weren't both men. But, they were also vampires. For vampires, it didn't matter what gender you liked. You were immortal after all, preferences change.

'I know we did, Stefan. See?' He pointed out of the window, laughing softly- a laugh he reserved for Stefan and Stefan alone.

'You can be so annoying.' Stefan hit his brother on his arm, gently enough for it to not hurt but hard enough for him to notice.

'Hey!' He called out, laughing harder. 'I think that is, in fact, called being rude.' Damon laughed harder the more Stefan scowled at his sly older partner. Stefan sighed and let his face relax as he stared back up at the ceiling.

'What are we now?' Stefan asked, rolling over to bury his head on Damon's chest.

'Boyfriends, I guess.' Damon paused for a second, scrunching up his eyebrows. 'No..let me rephrase that.' Damon rolled over so he was on top of Stefan, looking down at him, their eyes locking.

'Stefan Salvatore, will you be my boyfriend?' They chuckled slightly at the cheesiness of it but nonetheless, Stefan nodded. They both smiled gleefully as if they were both children and leaned in, their lips locking in a passionate kiss.

'I love you.' Damon spoke gently, pulling away. Their eyes locked once again and with his whole heart, Stefan replied. 'I love you too.'

word count: 326

published: 05.04.17