Chapter 2

Who are you?

Your name is Equius Zahhak

-

Currently you are...eh, petting some kitten-oh wait that's your morail! Oh, sorry. Yes, currently it seems like your comforting your sleeping morail. Her name is Nepeta Leijon. The little lower blood kitten fell asleep. You don't know why, but you've wanted to spend time with her almost every day. She's probably questioned this, since you do yourself. Normally you would've caught her hanging out with that nasty mutant blood, Karkat Vantas, whom you know she loves, but now, she just wants to be around you, as do you to her. Also, you would've been around Aradia, who...your confused right now about right now. You love her, or at least you think, but she loves Sollux, sadly...

But you think it's time you forgot about her, honestly. For the weirdest reason, you don't feel the way about Aradia that you used too. For some reason why, that feeling you get when you look at someone you love, and you really care about, and want to be with for all the sweeps you live, is what you feel when you see Nepeta. When you hear her little voice. She's so adorable. She's very kind, and you want to be her Matesprite. But she doesn't want that. She wants Karkat, you know it.

Anyway, the kitten had gotten tired. Nepeta had taught you role play today. You decided if your going to like her, you have to do things she likes. Then she'll like you. After, she took you on a hunt. The meat...was horrible. So right now, you were eating an apple. You toss the core into the garbage. Threw it too hard. It caused the garbage can to knock over, a big clatter being heard. This caused the kitten to jump in fear, clinging to you.

You could feel your cheeks heat up, but held her, trying not to hurt her.

"E-Equius.." Nepeta started. "I had a bad dream..."

The girl did look shaken up. You rubbed her back, most gently as you could without crippling her. She curled up in your lap.

"What was your dream about?"

You asked her, rubbing her back continuously.

"Y-you died, a-and I could-dnt save y-you." She sobbed lightly.

You bit your lip. This must've really upset her. You hold her close, your strength not hurting her for once. Poor Nepeta.

"It's okay, Nepeta. I would die as long as you lived. If you'd help me in your dream, you could've died too. I would be sad." You say to her softly as she sniffles, wiping her tears and nodding. You continued to comfort her until she fell asleep again.

____________________________________

Hey so guys, you can comment I guess if you like this or not. I didn't really want to go into the whole 'derse and prospit' 'dream self' death in Nepetas dream. To much to write. Not that I don't mind writing, it just would've been really confusing.

Vote, comment, share please!

____________________________________