part 50

Matty pov-

"You didn't tell me you had a fucking girlfriend!" Bella yells at me, I just held my temples. "Stop fucking yelling okay! I didn't have to tell you, you and I aren't a thing." I snap at her. "So you're using me for sex?" She asked, she sounded very offended. "Bella, I'm sorry." I say, I was still human and felt bad for it. "I'm sure you are Matty Healy, fuck you." She says, she waltzed right out of the room.

"So, how do you think Avery is going to take this one?" Ross asks from the doorway, I look up to see the look of disappointment on his face. "I don't know, she's going to be so pissed. For sure." I say, Ross just looks down. "Why did you cheat?" He asks and I look around aimlessly. "Why does it matter to you Ross?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Well, considering Avery is the best friend to my girlfriend, I'm gonna say it should matter. Does it not hurt to think you're about to break all the trust Avery established in you?" He asks, my heart clenches in my chest. "It hurts, but she'll be okay." I say, I really hope she'll be okay. "She'll only stay with you because of the contract. Do you know that?" He tells me. "Well she can't break contract, even though I did." I say and Ross shakes his head.

"I like Avery, why can't you keep the good ones?" He asks and I laugh bitterly. "A good one that doesn't love me back? Yeah, that's what I want." I say, Ross rolls his eyes. "Matty I love you, but get your head out of your ass. You are basically saying you cheated on your girlfriend because she hasn't said I love you back. If you truly loved her, you wouldn't have to confide in other women. So is she in the wrong for not saying it back?" He asks, he was right, but I wouldn't let him know that. "You're just saying this because of Leah being your girlfriend." I say and he chuckles. "Whatever buddy, see you at rehearsals later." Ross says and walks out of my dressing room.

---

Avery pov-

"Leah has a boyfriend?" My dad yells, Gabe had just explained that Leah and Ross were dating. "Yeah, its crazy! Wow." Gabe says, I laugh to myself.

"So how is Matty?" My mom asks and I shrug. "I guess he's okay. I saw him this morning, but he was with another girl. I think he's cheating on me, but besides that he's good." I say and my dad slams his hand down. "Cheating? I'm gonna hurt that British prick." My dad yells and I roll my eyes. "No you're not, I'm fine dad. Really." I say and my dad shakes his head.

"Just when I started to like the son of a bitch." My dad says while shaking his head. "Dad you don't like Matty at all ? What's changed?" I ask and he chuckles. "Well I did have a change of heart." He tells me, I face palm myself. "You didn't you just say that." I say, my voice was quivering from laughter. "Then you lit the wrong end of your cigarette." He sings while doing Ross' note. "Dad, stop. Mom, please make him stop." I plead. Mom shakes her head, then gives me a apologetic shrug.

"You look shit and you smell a bit!" He yells and I shake my head. "Dad... you hate them! What are you doing?" I ask, he laughs it off. "I was enjoying the music, I had to know more about them." He says and I shake my head. "So you decided to learn some songs?" I ask. "Hell yeah, they're pretty damn good." He tells me and I nod. "Well you're not wrong." I say and my dad continues to sing.

"You better get ready." Mom says and I give her a look. "For what?" I ask. "Leah called me to make sure your ass found a way to get to the concert. So you'll take my car to their concert, you will fix whatever is wrong, then it'll be all good." She tells me and I nod. "Fine, but if I find out he's cheating, I'm going to flip. You might be picking me up at the police department." I tell her, she nervously laughs.

"Well, I will personally beat some ass. I mean I like this little band, but I will hurt someone because they hurt my baby. Jessica you might be picking two people up from jail." My dad says and I laugh, Gabe just looks around at all of us. "I'm going to my room, you guys are crazy." Gabe says and spins off the barstool to run towards his room.

---

I watch as Matty dances around, he didn't seem as happy. He's usually sporting a smile and some crazy dance moves. However, he's just standing there singing and barely smiling.

Just as the concerts ending, I find myself trying to leave the stadium. I decided to not talk to him at all, at least for now. "Avery? Ave?" Ross shouts from behind me. "Fuck." I say under my breath, but turn around quickly. "Hey, what's up?" I ask nonchalantly. "Nothing, are you not coming back?" He asks, I could see all of the sympathy written across his face. "Oh I am! I was just wasting time." I lie to him. "Well come on, the boys have missed you." He tells me and I smile. "Which ones?" I ask. "George, Adam, and definitely John." He says and I laugh. "I've missed them as well." I say and follow him back.

I walk in the room, I see all the boys scattered on the couches. However, Matty was sitting alone on one of the chairs, he was sipping a glass of wine slowly. Once he saw me I could see a look of remorse wash over his face. "AVERY!" All the guys yell and rush over to hug me. I exchange hugs with them all, well almost all of them. They go back to their seats, but George saves me a spot by him. He pats it for me to sit down.

He puts his arm around me once I sit down, I lean into his chest. I really didn't think anything of it. "Avery your new band member is hot," George says squeezing me, "but not as hot as you." He continues. I laugh, but I could feel the blush rising to my cheeks. I look over to see Matty's reaction, he just continues to sip his wine with a scowl on his face.

"I think Adam and her would make the cutest couple." Ross says and Adam also blushes. "Stop." He says and we all laugh. "Awe, do you fancy her?" George taunts him. "Guys stop." He whines. "I'll give her your number Adam." I say while joining in on the taunting. "You like the younger ones Adam, nice." Ross says and I laugh. "Ross, Leah is 2 years younger than you." I point out to him, he just shrugs. "You're 3 years younger than Matty." George says and I shrug. "Age is just a number when there's a contract involved. Not like any of that matters, right Matty?" I ask, my attitude getting the best of me, I then look over at him, he gives me a 'go to hell' look.

"Can we talk, outside?" He asks and I shrug. I detach myself from George and meet him in the hallway. "Do you love me?" He asks randomly. "I don't know." I say and cross my arms. "This is why I fucking did it." He says, I just look at him confused. "Did what?" I ask, I knew what was coming. My heart rate started to accelerate as my stomach had butterflies inside of it.

"I cheated on you. More than once." He says with no remorse. "I know." I say in my fake calm voice. He looked taken back, "you know?" He asks. "You don't think 3 months of silence isn't noticeable, or the fact that you showed up with your 'friend' Bella and she's nowhere to be seen right now, especially since she met your ex girlfriend." I say and he looks shocked. "Ex girlfriend?" He asks and I nod.

"Wh-what do you mean ex girlfriend?" He asks, he looked like a lost puppy. "Don't act all innocent, you knew exactly who you were hurting when you got in bed with her." I snap. "I'm sorry." He says quietly. "Shut up Matty, you're not sorry. You did this because I wasn't sure of my feelings for you. You betrayed me Matty, what did you expect? For me to run into your arms and tell you how much I loved you? Matthew welcome to the real world, love isn't the strongest force on Earth, it's the most overrated thing ever. I was afraid to fall for you, and now you know why. I should of took everyone's warnings, fuck you Matthew Healy." I say, I turn back towards the room with the boys.

Their faces were full of shock, and almost entertainment. "It was good seeing you guys, I'll see you in 2 months." I say and turn out of the room. "And as for you, I won't be seeing you in 2 months. I'll be with the band in our old apartment. When you told me back in January to fake my love for you as an act, I never expected this to turn. You say you love me, but it's all an act Matty. Fuck you." I spit out to him, I stomp my way back to the car.

I was beyond pissed, I mean totally fuming. I guess my anger clouded my senses because I guess I didn't see the red light. As I sped through the red light, a flicker of light shone through my drivers window. Just like the flicker of light came, a longer lasting flicker of darkness came over me as crashing was heard in the background.

IM SO SORRY TO THE PEOPLE WHO WANTED AN UPDATE YESTERDAY, I wAS SO BUSy. ENJOY! MANY ERRORS BC IM SO TIRED AND CONFUSED.