Chapter 29

It was finally newleaf, and Dogstar's kit's warrior ceremony had come and gone; Redpaw was now Redfang, Snowpaw was now Snowbriar, and Tigerpaw was now Tigerfoot. Dogscar's one wish was for Moon to be there to see them, she had missed so much, they had barely been apprentices when they were last together. Dogstar  ahd been trying to get Silverstar to free his mate, but had been turned down, "She's not well enough, surely you don't want your kits seeing her in this state." she had said despite his offerings of territory, prey, and information.

      Dogstar lay in his den after a long  day, taking in the scents of the newleaf forest, before he knew it, he was fast asleep.

     "Dogstar! Dogstar!" he awoke to the happy mews of Moon. 

      "Moon," he gasped, "Where are we?" They were in a strange, dead forest that made Dogstar's fur stand on end.

    "I don't know," said Moon, "but we're sharing a dream! I guess the StarClan wants us to be together!" She said "StarClan" as if it were a joke, but Dogstar didn't mind, she was right.

     They spent the dream exploring the seemingly endless forest alone together, enjoying themselves like they used to.

      "I should probably wake up soon." Dogstar admitted as they lay in the dark, slimy grass together, "I'll look bad if I'm not up in time for dawn patrol."

       Moon frowned, "I hope this happpens again sometime, they literally torture me in FireClan."

    "What?" Dogstar was genuinely surprised, Softtuft had only told him good things about FireClan.

     "It's true!" Moon exclaimed, "Just the other day, they made me hunt for the whole clan and didn't even give me scraps!"

    "That's awful!" Dogstar cried, "Silverstar seemed like such a good-hearted cat!"

     "I know!" Moon agreed.

       "Whatever happened to kindness and generosity?" Dogstar continued.

     "Whatever happened to revenge?" Moon said.

       Dogstar gasped, "You're right." and gave her an affectionate lick on the side of her face,

"See you soon."